Settings are being totally ignored

Good afternoon,

I installed the Post Voting plugin earlier today. I set the options so that:

1/ Voting appears BELOW the post. But voting is showing ABOVE the post. I tried setting both ABOVE and BELOW but it still only shows ABOVE.

2/ I set for voting NOT to show on the home page. It shows :slight_frown: So I then set voting to NOT show on any page. It STILL shows on the home page.

Note that I have tried with and without the 5 star rating add-on (my preferred format) but get the same position issues regardless.

Finally, why isn't there a very obvious label such as "Rate this post"??? If you don't ask, most people do nothing. It's a basic rule. If I add that text, I will lose it every time the plugin is updated. It should be a part of the plugin core.

I have given site access if it is required.

Thanks,

David Wilks

• Milan

Hello David Wilks,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I think you missed Post Voting Multisite point here. :wink: I can see that in your subsites you have not setup Post Voting configurations properly.

David, When you activate Post Voting in multisite environment, each subsite in your network gets its own Post Votting configurations which you can configure via Subsite Dashboard > Settings > Post Voting .

So please navigate to Network Admin > Sites > <site where you are facing issue > Dashboard > Settings > Post Voting > and configure post voting parameters there.

Hope this helps you. Please ping me back if you need anymore guidance with this one.
    Best Regards,
    Millan

• David

Hi Milan,

Yes, I understand. Obviously I set all the options at network level (since that screen was staring me in the face) but I now see they do nothing.

I'm still wondering about my last point:

Finally, why isn't there a very obvious label such as "Rate this post"??? If you don't ask, most people do nothing. It's a basic rule. If I add that text, I will lose it every time the plugin is updated. It should be a part of the plugin core.

Is there a way to lose it that would not require me to re-do it with every update?

I could do it by using the shortcode placement option but I have thousands of posts. Manually adding shortcode is simply not an option.

Thanks

David Wilks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey David,

I hope you're well today!

I could do it by using the shortcode placement option but I have thousands of posts. Manually adding shortcode is simply not an option.

Manually adding a shortcode to each and every post may indeed be a bit difficult. You could however try executing it directly in a page/post template by adding this code to template file where you want voting to be displayed:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wdpv_vote]'); ?>

Added once to a template file it should affect all the post/pages that use that template. In order to keep it "update independent" you could first create the simplest child-theme for your current theme and put that code there.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.