Settings location for Ultimate Branding in database?

I changed some text that I found out after I changed it the site needs it to run. I had to go in through ftp and remove the plugin and the site comes back up, but, I cannot re-install the plugin because the settings remain and take the site back offline when the plugin re-installs. I cannot find where the settings for the plugin are at in the database. I assume I have to clear the settings in the database and then re-install the plugin from scratch? Can you tell me where the settings are?

  • aristath

    It would be useful if we could see the error in your log...
    Or if you enable debug mode on wordpress (see http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress for instructions) so that we can see exactly what's happening.

    The Ultimate Branding plugin has many options in the database but from what you said I suppose you changed some text in the text change tab, right?
    If so, the entry for that in the database is located in wp_options.
    In the option_name column look for these 2:
    translation_ops
    translation_table

    I hope it's what you were looking for.
    If your problem persists, we'll need some more info on the error, so I suggest you turn on debug mode and paste the error messages here.

    Cheers,
    Aristeides.

  • hairewarez

    The Ultimate Branding plugin has many options in the database but from what you said I suppose you changed some text in the text change tab, right?
    If so, the entry for that in the database is located in wp_options.
    In the option_name column look for these 2:
    translation_ops
    translation_table

    Yes, that is exactly what I did and that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You very much. That fixed the problem.

    I was changing text in the basic profile section of WordPress experimenting around with Mingle Forum, which keeps those sections for forum user profile. I changed the "Jabber / Google Talk" text and it crashed the site. I thought entering an entire text string would only change each instance of that specific text string. I am not sure if including the "/" or simply including "Google" crashed the site or if that entire text string is needed for the site to function. Anyway, that is what I did in case that info comes in handy for someone else.