Settingup Appointments+ correctly

HI, I have set up a theme that accepts front end submissions/listings. I am finding it difficult to incorporate appointments+ into the front end submission form so that those listing properties can also include their schedules/availability prior to submitting form for review. How do I do this? Also, How do I customize the plugin to accept multiple bookings per time slot? Finally, when I embed a shortcode into a page, the calender shows up twice - on the main page, under description, and in the right sidebar. How do I set it up to only showup on either the main page or sidebar, and not both? Thanks

• aristath

Hello there @buddvee and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

I have set up a theme that accepts front end submissions/listings.

What theme is that? Are the front-end submissions from the theme or a plugin?

I am finding it difficult to incorporate appointments+ into the front end submission form so that those listing properties can also include their schedules/availability prior to submitting form for review.

On the plugin settings you'll find a field called "Allow service provider set working hours".
    You can simply set that to yes and then your service providers will be able to change their availability from their own BuddyPress profile. :slight_smile:

Also, How do I customize the plugin to accept multiple bookings per time slot?

On the "services" tab on your dashboard, you'll see a field where you can add "capacity" for each of your services.

Finally, when I embed a shortcode into a page, the calender shows up twice - on the main page, under description, and in the right sidebar. How do I set it up to only showup on either the main page or sidebar, and not both?

Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, buddvee.

It looks like you've revoked support access, so I'm unable to log in, but I can try to answer your questions regardless.

1. Do you need BuddyPress?
    ~ If you want service providers to set their hours on the front end (from their profiles) yes. If your service providers can access the back end of your site, no.

2. Also, seems like I can only book one slot at a time. Is it possible to select multiple slots for booking, for instance, select 1-5pm then 7-9pm in one booking, instead of booking each hour individually?

Only if you have services that are those lengths, or if you're charging to make appointments via MarketPress integration, visitors can add multiple appointments to their carts at once to reserve a block of time.

For your calendar showing up on your page and in a sidebar, do you happen to have an appointments widget active? You can check by going to Appearances > Widgets, make sure there aren't any appointments widgets in your sidebars.

Hope this helps!

• buddvee

Hi Michelle:
    Thanks for your response. I did not revoke access. Its still valid till tomorrow.
    I did install buddypress, but not completely sure how to set it up to support service provider front end access. Also, I am not able to create groups in Buddypress as well, and I am not sure why.

About the multiple appointments, I have a marketplace plugin (WP marketplace), would this work with it in similar manner, or would I compulsorily need to get Marketpress.

Also, how can I also setup bookings that involve more than one person per appointment. For instance, a user trying to set up an appointment for more than 1 person during the same slot, like with airbnb where a single booking lets you list the number of guests per booking.

Thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, buddvee!

Aha - thanks for clearing that up, I believe the token went bad (it happens sometimes) but I'm unable to use support access from my end. If we still need it, you can revoke and re-issue access on your end and that will clear it up. I recall a similar issue with BuddyPress groups I had on my own site, if I'm remembering correctly, I think it was the minify feature in my caching plugin that was blocking group creation. Does that sound like it might be related? Admins should always be able to create groups, if that addon is active, even if other members can't, so that's definitely a quirk you shouldn't see.

Appointments+ is directly integrated with our MarketPress - it might be possible to make it work with your ecommerce plugin, but it would take some custom work to do so. (More than I can whip up for a forum post.) If you do want to switch, and you've got products set up on your current ecommerce plugin, MarketPress supports CSV import, so you can move your work, rather than losing it.

Let's try using the capacity setting for each service, which will allow multiple bookings in one slot, but I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for here. If I'm hearing you correctly, you'll want groups of people to be able to book an appointment, not multiple slots of the same appointment available. (The difference between, say, a family of five making a dinner reservation v. five individuals signing up for the same yoga class.) Appointments+ is designed more for the latter case, the yoga class example, than the reservation for five model. That's not to say Appts+ can't do this, but it would take custom code.

Thanks, buddvee!

• buddvee

Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for your speedy responses. I have just revoked and re-granted access.
    I'm not exactly sure where to find the minify feature to allow me create groups. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks
    Guess I have no other option than to purchase the Marketpress plugin then.
    About the multiple appointments, I actually wanted both. I did figure out the capacity setting, so multiple individuals per time slot, but the 'family of five making dinner reservation together' in one booking is also a very important feature for me. Is the custom code for this, something you guys can give me?
    Thanks again.

Cheers

• Michelle Shull

Hey buddvee!

No problem! You caught me on a slow-ish day, so you've been close to the top of my backfeed list each time you reply. :slight_smile:

I checked Total Cache, that's not it. I also checked the BP group chat plugin, it's also not causing the conflict.

Have you tried a default WP theme to see if you can add new groups then? It might be worth a shot. :slight_smile:

The custom code you need is a bit beyond what I can do as a support tech. Like I mentioned, Appts+ is beautiful for short-term appointments, like yoga studios, salons, accountants and more, but it's not ideal for booking things across days, like B&Bs, home shares, or hotels. The code you're going to need is going to be pretty complex. I don't want to discourage you from using our stuff (our stuff's great!) but I don't want you to jump into buying MarketPress if we can't get Appointments+ to meet your needs, either.

Thanks!

• buddvee

Hi Michelle:
    I am actually very glad and grateful for your speedy responses. Helps alot.
    If a default theme supports the group thing, would it be a theme problem?
    Do you guys have any plugins or know of any others that will support the B&B type booking?
    Also do you think the group thing would help facilitate that multi person booking. For instance, isnt this similar to having a group of people book a service together. i.e. my group of 5 wants to book the same yoga class. Would we all have to book individually or could Marketpress handle that multi person booking functionality.
    I really need this functionality, so I'm being optimistic that there'd be a way to get to it without having to deal with complex code customization.

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, buddvee!

Okay! Well, at least we know where the issue is now, let's see if we can fix it.

Step one: Go to the groups page in Chrome with your preferred theme active. Right click anywhere in the window, and choose "inspect element." This will trigger a dev console window at the bottom of your screen. At the very bottom of this window, there will be an error console. I'm guessing there will be a few errors in there that will illuminate where this error is coming from.

Step two: Copy any errors (they'll all be in red text) here. You can ignore anything in blue text.

Hopefully, there's a minor scripting error in the theme we can fix and it's not something more complex. : )

Thanks, buddvee!

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, buddvee!

I just spend some time doing some searching through Astoundify's documentation, hoping there was something in there about BuddyPress, but I'm not seeing anything.

I found one javascript error, it's related to a Facebook plugin, however, and I don't see anything FB related in your plugins.

I think this might be worth a support ticket at Astoundify, it's looking like the theme is completely incompatible with BuddyPress, and in a way I can't figure out how to fix.

I have a feeling you're going to struggle with any plugin that creates a custom post type. The theme completely alters how it displays posts from the WP default.

I wish I had better news!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Buddvee,

Hope you're doing well today!

Do you know if there are any other BP alternatives that I can use for the same features, compatible with Appointments+?

I've been reading through this post and I'm just wondering what features exactly you are wanting from BuddyPress, is it just so service providers can set their own working hours from the frontend? In that case I believe BuddyPress is your only option at this time.

Hmmnnnn. Do you think that the Events+ plugin may integrate with Appointments+ to support the 'family of 5' type booking feature. *I just taught about that*, since events can support multi booking at once.
    What do you think?

Appointments+ doesn't integrate with Events+; however, if you are able to create a recurring event so you could use Events instead of Appointments for some services to allow for multiple bookings.

The best way to have multiple bookings with Appointments+ is to use MarketPress with it as Michelle mentioned, then you users can purchase multiple appointments at once.

Can I also use Membership to create Groups like BuddyPress would, or can any other WPMU plugin do that?

Membership doesn't allow for any sort of group creation, it's more for protecting content. Sorry if I've missed it here, but what do you need the groups for exactly?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• buddvee

Support has been slow in helping me rectify errors and issues with the plugins and my website, and I understand that its the holidays, but I have a deadline an dis frustrated about Appts+Marketpress not working well on my website. Unfortunately it seems like it would require a significant amount of customization to fix which i cannot afford now. So I am requesting a refund for both plugins. I bought Marketpress under Chii and just posted a similar message via that account.

• aristath

Hello there @buddvee and a happy new year!

I'm sorry for the delay here... we always reply on forum posts in a reverse chronological order (older first) so that no thread goes unanswered for long.
    However you kept posting on this thread and as a result this thread kept being moved to the end of our queue and we just got to it.
    Let me try to answer all of your replies here:

I just bought Marketpress with a different email account (chikeukaegbuatgmaildotcom) and dont know hwo to have it reflect on my dashboard, since it wouldn't let me have 2 wpmu accounts on the backend. Please advice, urgently.

I'm afraid you can't have 2 active accounts there, only one.

Marketpress installed. How do I configure to allow users book multiple appointments at the same time?

You will have to enable the MarketPress integration in Appointments+, and then create a new MarketPress product.
    In that product's description you can enter the appoinmtnents+ shortcodes. This way when someone books an appointmnent they will not be automatically redirected to checkout. Instead, their appointments will be added on the Marketpress cart and they can add as many appointments as they want before checking out.

I thin kmy theme works with Woocommerce. However, I deactivated Woocommerce to use Marketpress and This is the error response I get when I try to create a product using Marketpress:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wc_get_page_id() in /home1/juri649/public_html/chillwrkr.com/wp-content/themes/listify/functions.php on line 338

Your theme expects to see WooCommerce, and it obviously does not have the necessary checks built-in, so it assumes that Woo is installed and calls its functions and causes this fatal error.
    You can simply try using a different theme... one that is not woocommerce-specific.

So I am requesting a refund for both plugins. I bought Marketpress under Chii and just posted a similar message via that account.

These are the support forums an we can only provide support for our products. We have no way of managing your account.
    Please contact our billing department instead of posting here...
    To do that you can send an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and select "I have a billing question" from the dropdown.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.