Setup a store with the following features?

I have been going over the various plugins and features but cannot seem to make the loop close. I am trying to achieve this:

1 System for orders
4 Stores with shared products (categories)
Resellers (without a site) can order
Customers can buy and when buying can select a reseller
Customers have an account they can reuse and is connect to the reseller of choice
Reseller gets comission

Keen to hear thoughts as I seem to be missing things here.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Christina,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

You can use MarketPress + Multisite if you want to do something like that.

1 System for orders

It would be a common network site for orders

MarketPress does not allow Global Categories but you can use New Blog Templates to first create a main site and then duplicate those on the other sites.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

and For later when you add new products, you can use https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-content-copier to copy that to the subsites.

Anyone can order, may it be a reseller of a customer

I am not sure how you are going to setup resellers, but the customers can choose which site they can buy from. If you need different resellers setup per product and set their commissions, then its gonna take some custom coding.

Customers have an account they can reuse and is connect to the reseller of choice

Possible. It integrates with WordPress registration process. But for reseller, again, if the reseller is a subsite then its possible too.

Reseller gets comission

You can use PayPal Chained payments if your subsites are acting as resellers and choose what you get and what is sent to them.

Cheers, PC

• christina_prefer
    • New Recruit

Hi PC, Thanks for your response.

The concept is not to have separate sites for resellers. I have a distribution business. I have a product portfolio and physical stores that resell our products. I also have an online shop. Resellers refer their clietns to the online shop for repeat purchases. I want to provide the resellers an ongoing comission on all sales from a client. No matter how long. The multi sites are different brands and different categories of products we have on offer.

1 System for orders

It would be a common network site for orders

Does that mean that you have all orders from all sites in 1 system or orders placed on site1 are in system of site1 and orders placed in site2 are in the system of site2.

MarketPress does not allow Global Categories but you can use New Blog Templates to first create a main site and then duplicate those on the other sites.

Do you mean that every time I add categories I need to replicate those to the other sites?

I am not sure how you are going to setup resellers, but the customers can choose which site they can buy from. If you need different resellers setup per product and set their commissions, then its gonna take some custom coding.

Resellers receive an onging commission for the sales they generate in our online shop.

Possible. It integrates with WordPress registration process. But for reseller, again, if the reseller is a subsite then its possible too.

What is it in this case? Can users see previous orders etc...

Reseller gets comission

You can use PayPal Chained payments if your subsites are acting as resellers and choose what you get and what is sent to them.

I am actually looking for something else. Paypal is not the holy grail to everything :wink: I would like to run a report of all sales made by a reseller in a certain period. That is all.

Cheers,

Christina

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Christina,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay in response. I missed a few threads as I was away for a few days due to some family issues.

have a product portfolio and physical stores that resell our products. I also have an online shop. Resellers refer their clietns to the online shop for repeat purchases. I want to provide the resellers an ongoing comission on all sales from a client. No matter how long.

In that case, you will need to use the Affiliate plugin and then the cookie validity should be too high to make sure that the repeat orders get credited to their account.

When there is an affiliate referral, its tracked via a cookie.

Does that mean that you have all orders from all sites in 1 system or orders placed on site1 are in system of site1 and orders placed in site2 are in the system of site2.

If its a multisite as I thought, then all the sites have separate orders. However if you want to sell from one site, then you can add your resellers as users and then they can have their affiliate links to use to refer people to your site.

Do you mean that every time I add categories I need to replicate those to the other sites?

On a multisite yes if you want all the subsites to show those categories.

What is it in this case? Can users see previous orders etc...

Yeah, they do. They can see previous orders and track orders too.

I am actually looking for something else. Paypal is not the holy grail to everything :wink: I would like to run a report of all sales made by a reseller in a certain period. That is all.

Affiliates plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/ gives you monthly reports where you can see what is going on etc and track the progress accordingly.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.