Setup dripped Membership

Looking for some updated documentation on how to setup dripped membership. More specifically, we are trying to use this type of membership with our courses created with CoursePress Pro.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello redpupmedia

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Setting up a "dripped" membership is no different than any other membership, apart from setting protection rules. First, you'd need to go to "Membership 2 -> Memberships" page and create a membership, selecting its type as "dripped".

Then you go to "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules" page where you find the content (post, page etc) that you wish to protect with that membership and once you assign that membership to the selected content, an option shows up to select when the content should be made available: you can select either "relative to subscription start" (and then set e.g. 1 week so the content is made available to the specific user a week after signup) or a "specific date" (so you then select e.g Apr 27th 2018 and the content becomes available on that date). That's pretty much all :slight_smile:

I'm not sure, however, in what way would you like to use it with CoursePress courses? If you wish to make certain courses (or even selected units with a single course) available on specific dates, the Membership 2 Pro and a dripped membership isn't necessary for it as there can be availability date set for each course and for each unit as well.

However, if I'm missing the point, please explain a bit more what exact setup/goal would you like to achieve and I'll then be glad to give you more detailed answer.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• redpupmedia

Thanks Adam.

The lessons are in sequential order and students can complete one lesson per month. On the first of each month, the next lesson is available to them, provided they completed the previous month's.

There are 4 lesson groups with 30 lessons in each.

We've set each lesson up as a Unit in a Course. We've also tried setting up each lesson as its own Course. Neither set up seems to permit the config we need.

When I try to set up a Drip Membership's Protection Rules, I can set when they have access to the entire Course Custom Post Type, but not individual Courses or Units.

Is that a clear enough description for you to help?

Thanks
    Rob

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Rob,

I'm afraid that you can't protect Units only, but you can protect your courses.
    What you need to do is go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and in there enable "Individual Custom Posts" add-on.
    Now go to Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Custom Post Type Items and you should see your Courses in there.

Since you also want to have your students to complete the previous course then when creating a new course, in Step 6, select "Registered users who completed the prerequisite course(s)" option and then select which course they need to complete in order to access that one.

Best regards,
    Predrag