setup of Calssifieds

I am trying to setup classifieds

I want to achieve the following:
allow user to buy an ad for 1 month free and the bill for a year using paypal or creditcard, while choosing onetime payment or subscription
force the user to choose ONE category and only ONE
have the user fill out all custom fields and taxonomies, all of them required except for photo uploads
then at the end of year be reminded to pay again in case of onetime payment

my problems
I cant figure out how to change the duration of the and set the payment options
I want to get rid of the status ad question, what is the purpose
I cant figure out how to force that the user can only choose one category
I dont know how to setup the payment of a one year ad, do I turn of credits?
I also want to set the ad as to be reviewed by admin before showing on the site, is that possible

anybody can help?

Gideon

• Mason

Hiya Gideon,

The plugin currently doesn't offer the ability to provide a 'free month' for an annual payment. You could accomplish the same thing though, just by wording your sales text to show how this would work.

So, if you charge $10/month - they'd pay $110 for the annual (thus giving one for free).

As to forcing folks to only select one category or require an image, this would be a custom development modification you'd need. There's not an easy way to do this within the context of WordPress. I did a quick search and could find nothing on either of those ideas.

As to post moderation for classifieds - I believe each user is assigned a classifieds-specific role - such as author or editor. You'd need to change that to the role of 'contributor' though this would, again, be a custom edit and would be lost during any future upgrades.

I'll ask Ivan if he's able to provide further insight on this, but as I said, these are all, most likely, custom development projects. You could always post something up in the WPMU Job Boards:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thanks!

• gideonsmolders

Could you tell me which of the following scenarios is currently possible with the existing plugins, the ones I suggest or other plugins if necessary, or which one would be the most logical path given the current state of the plugin development and its future functions

(1) what if I combine classifieds with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using classifieds (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

(2) using classifieds only
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but I create a coupon which gives a discount, how would I integrate a coupon, eg 50%OFF, (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

(3) using classifieds
    not happy you get your money back
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but if he closes his account within x days he gets his money back, is this possible?

(4) delayed billing
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but he does not get charged untill xx days after signup

(5) what if I combine custompress with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using custompress (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more custompress-ads) Additional question, how would I get the subscriber to add-new through frontend, without access to backend?

lots of options, there are probably a lot more, anybody any ideas or experience

Gideon

• Ivan

Hi Gideon,

(1) what if I combine classifieds with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using classifieds (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

This is possible, but you will require some custom coding to achieve it. Currently when a user buy a subscription for Classifieds it is assigned a custom user role - Classifieds Memeber. This role is used to check against what he can/can't do within the context of the Classifieds plugin. If you are able integrate some flexible machinist for interaction between Membership and Classifieds your goal is achievable.

On a side note, as of the next version of Classifieds things will significantly improve in the payment/subscription side of the plugin introducing more payment options and gateways, more flexible ways of managing the user capabilities etc.

(2) using classifieds only
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but I create a coupon which gives a discount, how would I integrate a coupon, eg 50%OFF, (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

This is achievable but again there is no straight forward answer, this will have to be a custom development.

(3) using classifieds
    not happy you get your money back
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but if he closes his account within x days he gets his money back, is this possible?

As of next version we will try to integrate refunds and all other sorts of payment gateway related things.

(4) delayed billing
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but he does not get charged untill xx days after signup

Yes, trail periods, again payment gateway related, is on the plugin roadmap.

(5) what if I combine custompress with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using custompress (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more custompress-ads) Additional question, how would I get the subscriber to add-new through frontend, without access to backend?

CustomPress doesn't provide front-end for posting ads, so there will be a heck lot more work you will have to do. CustomPress focus is somehow different from what you are looking for - mainly managing the content types of your site - sys admin stuff, developer stuff etc.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.