Setup Trial and Paid Membership

Hi,

I have used Standard Wizard for Memberships.

1. I Created two Access Levels a. Premium Member. b. Free Trial

2. I created Two Subscription Plans a. Premium b. Free

Under Premium Subscription i selected Finite-30 Days- $9.99

Under Free Subscription i selected Finite-15 Days - $0.00 and next below that Premium Finite-30Days-$9.99

And Now in Front End.

When i go to Subscription Page, It shows two Subscriptions 1. Premium for $9.99 ans 2. Free

Till Here its good.

But when i click Free Subscription. It shows Registration Form, next it takes me to payment page for Free Subscription.

There it shows only Paypal Subscribe button. But i have activated Free Subscription Gateway and Paypal single.

How can i make my Users to select Free Membership and then be able to upgrade. ?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post and the fantastic explanation of the issue. It helped me understand the issue better.

There it shows only Paypal Subscribe button. But i have activated Free Subscription Gateway and Paypal single.

How can i make my Users to select Free Membership and then be able to upgrade. ?

The way you have setup the Free subscription is that you are offering it free for 15 days and then paid for 30 days. That makes it ineligible to use Free subscriptions gateway. That is only for the free subscriptions and not the ones which contain a payment of any amount.

So if you want them to use the free subscriptions gateway, you should not add any payment amount in the free plan.

Ideally I would not suggest to do that. They will signup for a free plan and if they are not automatically upgraded, they are more likey to cancel the subscription and create a new one for 15 more free days.

I hope that helps. If it doesn't kindly let me know and I will be around to help :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• Rajiv
    • Flash Drive

i removed the Premium Member Level in Free Plan.

Now, it shows the Free Membership button.

But when i click on it. It does not activate Free Membership Trial Subscription.

It just stays on the same page and doesnt activate that Trial Subscription.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Rajiv,

Thanks for your messages.

Kindly note that bumping the threads only delays the response times as we use Feed readers to answer threads.

As soon as you make a new post, the thread goes down in the feed.

Now, it shows the Free Membership button.

But when i click on it. It does not activate Free Membership Trial Subscription.

It just stays on the same page and doesnt activate that Trial Subscription.

I will need to see that in action.

I will need to have a closer look at your site with more details.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.