Several Issues: 1. What is happening with the live chats?

Several Issues:
1. What is happening with the live chats? There is supposed to be one now Sat 11:30AM - 12:30PM Themes and Design and it is not happening. This was also the case last night

2. I need more help to edit/format my registration pages and add field. I used the Cimy plugin that was recommended. I was able to add the field but I neede the added field to apply to only on of my membership types. It currently shows up on all of them How do I make the field unique to one particular membership?

3. I need to edit the colors and style of the registration pages. A code was provided to me for the .css but I am not exactly sure where/what line(s) this needs to go into. My skill level is very basic with coding Please advise. Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @Burt,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

1. What is happening with the live chats? There is supposed to be one now Sat 11:30AM - 12:30PM Themes and Design and it is not happening. This was also the case last night

There's been an unexpected technical issue but it's all up and running now so you should be able to join the live chat with my colleague Sajid now. I apologize for the trouble.

2. I need more help to edit/format my registration pages and add field. I used the Cimy plugin that was recommended. I was able to add the field but I neede the added field to apply to only on of my membership types. It currently shows up on all of them How do I make the field unique to one particular membership?

Cimy User Extra Fields is a great and easy to use plugin but as far as I'm aware it doesn't support "conditional customization". This would require a custom coding job I think. I suppose our recommendation was based on an information that you need easy way to add custom fields but we probably didn't new that these will be "membership dependent". I apologize if this is the case.

That said this would be doable but you'd need some plugin to build an entire custom registration form (or even two: one for this particular membership with extra field and one for all other memberships). I think Gravity Forms with "registration form" add-on" should be able to do this.

Having two forms created you then should disable the Membership 2 default registration form by adding this to your current theme's functions.php file:

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

Next step would be to setup signup pages using Membership 2 pro shortcodes and embedding selected registration form there

Another way would be to go with BuddyPress instead as it features the build in X-profile fields that could be added to a registration and also should integrate with Membership 2.

If this doesn't work, then the custom development would most likely be needed and you'll need to hook up to Membershpi 2 API.

3. I need to edit the colors and style of the registration pages. A code was provided to me for the .css but I am not exactly sure where/what line(s) this needs to go into. My skill level is very basic with coding Please advise. Thank you

If you were provided with CSS code, then the easiest way to use it would be to install Simple Custom CSS plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

It adds a "Custom CSS" page to the "Appearance" menu in your dashboard and on this page there's a text field where you put the code.

As for CSS code itself. Could you please share it with me? I'll be glad to explain it to you!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.