Several issues with coursepress pro

I’m using coursepress pro and on a single course page the course_join_button shortcode that is within the content_overview template displays nothing but it does work on the course list page. Also, the social share icons are not being displayed.

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Holly ,

I’ve edited your content-course-overview.php and replaced the social-share HTML with the [course_social_links] shortcode, at line 51.

The template files need all the appropriate assets as well to be displayed as-is so they’re mostly used as base-files to be integrated with your theme.

The social share icons should be working fine now for all the courses that use this .php as their template.

Regards,

Konstantinos

• Holly
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Konstantinos,

Thank you for fixing the social share icons. However, I have no idea what you mean when you say “The template files need all the appropriate assets as well to be displayed as-is so they’re mostly used as base-files to be integrated with your theme.” ?? I know what template files are, I’ve been working with them, but what are “all the appropriate assets”?

• Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

Sorry for not being clear enough.

By ‘assets’ we usually mean any extra files that are needed such as .css, .js, images etc that accompany a theme.

By simply copying over the CoursePress theme’s files to change them without having it active as well it doesn’t load all the necessary css/js files for all buttons like Share to work out of the box.

Since you’re note using the CP Theme and you are instead using Divi there have to be some edits to make it work along with Divi.

I hope this is more clear now.

Regards,

Konstantinos

• Holly
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

And, in content-course-overview.php on line 39 the code – echo do_shortcode( ‘[course_cost]‘ ); is used to display the course price, but what is echo’d is: “Price:

Price: $97.00 ($197.00 is strikethrough)” The sale price is correct but the label Price is displayed twice – where can I correct this?

• Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

That is happening because the MarketPress assets are loading only ( so it’s pretty much the same reason as my last reply ).

You can easily remove the 2nd “Price:” tag by adding this css snippet into your theme.

.course-cost .mp_product_price::before {
      content: unset !important;
      }

This will remove the 2nd Price wording whenever you see a Course Cost.

Regards,

Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.