Several questions about Events+

On Events how to do the following:

1. Allow Excerpts to be added to events,

2. Not allow stripping of custom html elements

3. Can event’s contain custom fields from wordpress default custom fields.

For the widgets

4. Set word limits (for Upcoming events and other related widgets)

5. Have upcoming events not to strip custom html elements.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Anthony,

Here are the answers:

1. Allow Excerpts to be added to events,

Not available as of now, but instead, something similar can be done using CustomPress. Create a Custom Field with a text box and you can embed it in the template.

2. Not allow stripping of custom html elements

I believe you are talking of the archive page? Use the_content() in the archive template and the html elements won’t be stripped off.

I mean in the archive-incsub_event.php in wp-contentpluginsevents-and-bookingsdefault-templatesdefault . I suppose that’s the template you are using.

3. Can event’s contain custom fields from wordpress default custom fields.

Nope, but you can create new ones using CustomPress.

For the widgets:

4. Set word limits (for Upcoming events and other related widgets)

Not a feature at the moment, will make this a Feature Request

5. Have upcoming events not to strip custom html elements.

Hmm, widgets usually strip down all html from the content, this also would need to go in as a feature request.

:slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just to quickly add to this, you can actually have excerpts and regular WP custom fields (without using CustomPress – although that’s a viable option too) with Events+. To get them, add something like this to your functions.php:

function eab_add_excerpts_and_custom ($supports) {
    $supports[] = 'excerpt';
    $supports[] = 'custom-fields';
    return $supports;
    }
    add_filter('eab-event-post_type-supports', 'eab_add_excerpts_and_custom');

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

that’s fantastic, it almost works (excerpts shows up on backend and displays the entered content on the front end), 1 thing though, How do I get the custom field data to show on the frontend of the site? I tried using custom press, and I have to add [custom field block] in the content area to have it appear in the frontend. So how do I do that for wordpresses default custom field? Thank you all for your help thus far! Using wordpress default custom field seemed to be a better idea because it’s built in and I don’t have to rely on a plugin to create custom field (thus reducing load time,db queries,etc…:wink:

• Anthony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@arun , I would simply add the suggested code you mention into the theme’s file? like single-post.php or something like that? and where “note” is I would replace that with the key value of the field? I’m not quite following this 100%

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just a quick update, the word limit parameter for excerpts was added to popular and upcoming events widgets in the latest plugin release (v1.4.4, just released). Also, the built-in excerpt fetching procedures are improved, so the events don’t have to have specific excerpts per se, the (limited) content will be used instead if there’s no excerpt to be found.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.