I have been configuring the membership plugin on this site for my client, an astrologer. Due to the nature of their business, they have some specific questions that must be address before they can fully integrate the plugin. They are:
1. Can we adjust the required fields for purchases to include Sun sign?
2. Can we sell one-time purchases that are not memberships?
3. Can we customize the order confirmation that is sent when someone makes a purchase? For example, we now sell one-time readings and the email confirmation contains a link to access that reading. If someone purchases a Leo Birthday Reading, they receive an email confirmation right away that has a link to the Leo Birthday Reading.
4. Can we offer free memberships for a limited time? So that people can try one of the premium membership levels without entering credit card data?
5. Can we delay membership billing by a month (1st month free, then charge monthly after that)?
6. Can we customize some of our order pages to have limited field requirements for placing an order? Such as free sample editions of our member newsletter that only require an email address and Sun sign to receive access?
7. Can we offer more than one option for duration of each membership level? For example, can we offer monthly recurring, three month, six month, and twelve month memberships for each of the paid levels of membership?
8. Can we set the system up to automatically send renewal reminders when a membership is due to expire? And can we control the number of renewal reminders sent and the content of those reminders?
9. Can we offer discounts on memberships with a coupon code, or through other means?
10. Can we search records by field and generate a list of the search results? For example, I just generated a list of customers with the Sun sign "Leo" to send them information about the upcoming Leo birthday reading. It's also useful to search by City and State if we have an event in a specific area of the country.
11. Can the system "talk to" the Washington State system to calculate correct sales tax and track that information? Washington State has a complex sales tax system, and tax rates can change from one block to another within the same town. We need to pay the proper amount of sales tax, and list the locations that purchases were made from when we file.
12. Can we create custom sales reports to track membership sales from year to year as well as specific one-time products that we are selling? Or compare sales totals by month with previous year's sales in the same month?
13. Can system be linked to other software? Specifically to our mailing list manager (dada mail)?
14. If so, can we designate which list an email address will be added onto based on the type of membership or product they purchase? For example, right now if someone purchases a premium membership, our current sales system adds them to three lists: our member list, our sales list (anyone who has ever purchased anything), and our master list (all emails we have ever collected) in dadamail.