Several questions on using Custom Press

1. On the admin menu for a custom post type (surfers) I am getting two Tag selections.

Surfer
Add new surfer
Tags
Tags

2. Is there better documentation for Custom Press. I have read what is available and watched the video. Sorry but not as thorough as what I need.
The settings for custom fields and taxonomies, are not well explained and it becomes a strictly trial and error process

3. How is a media focused field created that would allow, gallery, slider, video?

Thanks in advance.

• Ciprian Gherghescu
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@BobSgt

Hi and thank you for being a meber in our comuniy.

1. can you send us a screenshot?
    2, can you elaborate?
    3. if you need custom coding, custom coding is outside the scope of our standard support service, all our paying members do gain access to our Job Board at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Warmest regards

• BobSgt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

In Custom Press there is the ability to declare taxonomies, such as categories and tags that appear in the admin menu associated with the custom posts. They appear independent of post category and tags, as they do not inherit existing categories and any categories added to the custom posts are not inherited into standard post categories.

I have propagated the standard post categories and tags through the sites using the New Blog Templates plug-in.

Are these custom post taxonomies a secondary set of categories and tags that are specific to the sites that are using the custom posts and taxonomies?

Are they redundant to what was propagated? Do they have all of the same functionality?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @BobSgt

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay on this one, the staff member who was attending to your request has left us.

I'm glad the issue is now resolved, but if you need further help please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.