Several questions regarding Pro Sites

Hello,

I am working on ProSites configuration and testing recently, and I collected some questions. Sorry for so many questions! I am trying to make them clear for you to read.

1. I want to insert Upgrade button to somewhere else on each sub-sites or dashboard main page, or even the main domain after logon, besides the default button on admin toolbar. What’s the URL or shortcode for the Upgrade? I mean if click the link, the subsite owner will be able to see upgrading link and the pricing table. I tried domain/pro-sites or subdomain/pro-sites, but did not work.

2. How to change the look and feel of pricing table page? It is working functionally, but just looks a little wired. I used Manual Pay Gateway, the form at bottom is not supported by my Theme Avada. shown below.

3. I only activated Manual Pay Gateway. So besides receiving emails for the upgrade request, is there any other way to see all the pending requests in my site? This will be very helpful regardless of the number of requests is large. I would not need to find the subsites one by one and extend/upgrade levels for them. I could just click approval button or something to make their requests pass through.

4. Using Manual Pay Gateway, if a user wants to upgrade from a lower paid level to a higher paid level, how to show the price differences he/she needs to pay?
5. Similar case, if using PayPal Gateway for upgrading from a lower paid level to a higher one, how the ProSites works? Charge a Full year for the higher level, and raise the subsite level but keep the End Date as it is; or Charge the Price differences and keep the End Date as it is; or Charge Full year price, but extend the End Date by plus 12 months based on previous End Date?

Thanks very much!
YZ

Rupok

Hi Yudong, hope you had a wonderful day.

1. I want to insert Upgrade button to somewhere else on each sub-sites

You can add the following line of code in your template file where you want to show your Upgrade link:
    <a href="http://yoursite.com/pro-site/?bid=<?php echo get_current_blog_id(); ?>">Upgrade</a>
    Replace "yoursite.com" with your actual domain.

2. How to change the look and feel of pricing table page?

Can you please provide the URL where I can see your pricing table for Pro Sites? I can give you custom CSS Code to change design if I can inspect the elements live.

3. Besides receiving emails for the upgrade request, is there any other way to see all the pending requests in my site?

I'm afraid, this is not possible with currently available options.

4. Using Manual Pay Gateway, if a user wants to upgrade from a lower paid level to a higher paid level, how to show the price differences he/she needs to pay?

I'm not exactly sure about your question. Do you want to show the difference between his previous plan price and new plan price? In Pro sites, when users Upgrade, he has to pay the full price of the new plan. So basically if a user upgrades from a $5 plan to $10 plan, he has to pay full $10 for his new level.

5. if using PayPal Gateway for upgrading from a lower paid level to a higher one, how the ProSites works?

It charges Full year price, but extend the End Date by plus 12 months based on payment date. So Suppose you purchased 3 months ago, for 12 months. But if you upgrade today, you will again have to pay on this day of coming year. So 12 months is calculated from today.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Yudong

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply! Q 3,4,5 have been solved.

Q1
    Can I create a Page and insert your link there? I just tested, but the Page is empty, the Upgrade link does not show. I adjusted your code to the following.
    <a href="http://dreamtrip.space/zhuanyeban/?bid=<?php echo get_current_blog_id(); ?>">Upgrade</a>

Regarding Q2, the look and feel of pricing table, I am not sure how to get you to the page I attached earlier via a URL. Logon is required to see it.
    Well, I activated the signup for Pro Sites, http://dreamtrip.space/zhuanyeban?action=new_blog
    But it is not exact the same page I showed, the Manual Pay form is missing. The table itself looks OK, just the text below and the submit button do not.

Thanks very much for your help!
    YZ

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Yudong,

Can I create a Page and insert your link there? I just tested, but the Page is empty, the Upgrade link does not show. I adjusted your code to the following.

This link contain php code so unfortunately you cannot use it directly in the page content. This could be a shortcode:

<?php
    function shortcode_link_wpmudev( $atts ){
    	return '<a href="http://dreamtrip.space/zhuanyeban/?bid=' . get_current_blog_id() . '">Upgrade</a>';
    }
    add_shortcode( 'bidlink', 'shortcode_link_wpmudev' );

you can then use shortcode [bidlink] in page content so it will change to link. This code can be used as MU plugin on your site http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

But it is not exact the same page I showed, the Manual Pay form is missing. The table itself looks OK, just the text below and the submit button do not.

Can you tell us how it should look - because on my side it looks fine - so I'm not sure if I'm missing something:

Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Yudong

Hello,

Thanks!

About the pricing table, if you check my previous screenshot, Q2-manual_pay_gateway_form.png, at the bottom, you can see a text box and a "submit" button. The text box and the button appear when you choose one deal, but you can see from the screenshot, the submit button is not like the rest button at all. Is there a solution to make it look better?

Regards
    YZ

Kasia Swiderska

Hello YZ,

Please add this css code:

#psts-manual-submit {
        float: right;
        border: 1px solid #ccc;
        width: 200px;
        padding: 7px 0;
        margin: 10px 0;
        font-size: 11px;
        background: #eeeeee;
        background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #eeeeee 0%, #cccccc 100%);
        background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #eeeeee 0%,#cccccc 100%);
        background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #eeeeee 0%,#cccccc 100%);
        filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#eeeeee', endColorstr='#cccccc',GradientType=0 );
    }

you can add it in the pricing table styling:

kind regards,
    Kasia

Yudong

Hello Kasia,

I still haven't create the shortcode collectly. I created the "mu-plugins" folder, and in the mu-plugins folder, I created a PHP file which contained the code you provided. The shortcode could be called, but the URL showed was not right, it was like "http://site/http://site/...".

Could you please help me adjust the code, if possible?

'<?php
    return 'Upgrade';
    }
    add_shortcode( 'bidlink', 'shortcode_link_wpmudev' );'

Besides, is there another way to add shortcode? When I adjusted the code in mu-plugins folder, I suddenly got a blank page when I access my site, so I had to restore all the data. I am not sure whether it is related to my tests.

Regards
    YZ

Nithin

Hi Yudong,

Hope you are doing good today.

I tested the code given by Kasia Swiderska, and it seems to work fine in my system, the url seems to point the correct URL in mine. Could you please point out the exact page where you have used the shortcode?

return '<a href="http://dreamtrip.space/zhuanyeban/?bid=' . get_current_blog_id() . '">Upgrade</a>';
    }
    add_shortcode( 'bidlink', 'shortcode_link_wpmudev' );

You can also add the above code in your themes functions.php file, once you place the code, just add the shortcode [bidlink] to your page in order to make it work. Please do note that if you change the theme, the shortcode won't have any effect. On the other hand, if it's implemented using mu-plugins, the code stays as long as in your system, until you make any changes to the mu-plugins file.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further help. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin