Several Supporter questions

Hi,

I just have a few questions about the "supporter" plugin:

1. How do deactivate the supporter status of a blog manually?

2. What happens when the member does not renew his supporter membership? Is his blog still live to
the public?

3. I'm using the supporter-write script, can I extend the restriction to include "editing"?

4. I would like to offer a premium theme. If the member does not renew his supporter membership,
and he used the premium theme for his blog, does it now revert back to the default theme? If
yes, if he renews later, would his settings for the premium theme be reinstated?

5. Is there a way to offer a lower fee for the trial then to leave it at free?

6. Does this plugin keep transaction IDs for each payment?

7. Is there a way I can add a message at the top in the admin area to notify a person that their blog
is no longer supporter blog and to renew click here or something along the lines.

Thanks in advance.

~ Lina.

• Aaron

1. How do deactivate the supporter status of a blog manually?

You can do it from the settings screen or by clicking the link next to a blog listing in Site admin->Blogs

2. What happens when the member does not renew his supporter membership? Is his blog still live to
    the public?

Yes, Supporter is just for upgrading blogs from free to premium features. You could write an addon plugin to hide the front end when not a supporter.

3. I'm using the supporter-write script, can I extend the restriction to include "editing"?

If it doesn't prevent editing, you definately can with a very slight modification.

4. I would like to offer a premium theme. If the member does not renew his supporter membership,
    and he used the premium theme for his blog, does it now revert back to the default theme? If
    yes, if he renews later, would his settings for the premium theme be reinstated?

Right now it will not deactivate the premium theme. If they change their theme though, they won't be able to switch back.

5. Is there a way to offer a lower fee for the trial then to leave it at free?

No lower fees for the trial. It could be possible to modify the gateway button code for that though. Not sure I understand leave it at free?

6. Does this plugin keep transaction IDs for each payment?

No, but you can get this info in your paypal account. Note that the 1.X version did.

7. Is there a way I can add a message at the top in the admin area to notify a person that their blog is no longer supporter blog and to renew click here or something along the lines.

Definately. Modify our Admin Notice plugin to check supporter status using the is_supporter() function.

Note that you can limit just about anything using the is_supporter() or is_supporter_user() functions in your plugins.

• Bina Omar

Actually, I just realized that suspending a blog would not allow them to login, right? And thus, cannot renew their supporter status. I guess it's back to hiding the front end. Any tips on this is very much appreciated.

I've done a search for "hide wordpress home" and that doesn't bring in relevant results. Can you just point me in the right direction as to what I'm supposed to be searching for?