Shall I do the latest Membership 2 Pro update?

I was told before not to update Membership 2 Pro because it would install the free version and screw me up, that I should just make sure to keep WPMU Dev plugin up to date, however I see now that there is an update and it looks like it is the Alpha version of what I have now.

Should I update the plugin or ignore it?

Thank you.

• Milan

Hello @Mary,

Hope you are doing good. :slight_smile:

First of let me tell you update always brings many bug fixes and improvements to products overall quality. :slight_smile: Its always good idea to stay up to date with product's latest release.

But Dear member I can see that you've used lot of plugins and most of them are configured. So its always good idea of taking backup of whole site before attempting update. Although its never seen that update failed site competently. but as your site is live and you've active members subscribed, I strongly suggest you take full backup first.

Here is one nice plugin from us which will let you take full back up of your any site including its files and database,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Let me know what you think about this or If its not possible for you somehow let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Mary

I don't need the plugin. I use BackWPuP but thank you for the suggestion. I do hourly backups.

The reason I ask is that when I updated Membership 2 Pro before, it updated to the free version, and I lost everything. Tech Support told me to never update this plugin, to only update the WPMU Dashboard, and if I do that I'll be OK. So I just want to make sure that this update will actually update me to the Pro version.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.