Share a photo gallery on multiple site

I got multiple site that need to display the same photo gallery (same photos, options ect.)
CASE :.
A gallery plugin installed on laurentcuchet.photinfos.com and Cuchet.fr
I create one gallery and want to display it on two sites.
How can I do to share a gallery on another website, without duplicate or export it please ?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laurent_C

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not sure what plugin are you using for that gallery but if there's no "embed" option (embed similar to e.g. when you're embedding YouTube video) or it's added via shortcode and it doesn't work all across the multisite, then this might be a bit more tricky.

Is it only the gallery that you want to share or the entire Media Library should/could be shared across all sites? Sharing Media Library can be done with a plugin such as this one:

https://github.com/humanmade/network-media-library

or this one

https://github.com/bueltge/multisite-global-media

Would that do a trick for you? What is the particular gallery plugin that you're referring to?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Laurent_C

Thanks for your response.

I'm not that familiar with Envira gallery but I checked the free (like) version from wp.org plugin repository and it doesn't seem to provide any tools for such sort of embedding and/or "network wide" usage. I didn't find anything in their docs either. I can't rule out that there might be some add-on available but I'm not aware of it.

I don't think it'd be possible without some custom code with this particular plugin so it could be a good idea to ask its developers as they might have some simple solution for it.

I tried to find some other plugin that could do this but I didn't find any (though I'm limited to free plugins only if it comes to testing) so I must say I'm not sure. I can imagine that being done with a custom code or by actually creating separate galleries on site from a shared media library but I'm afraid I'm not able to suggest any ready to use solutions in this case. I think reaching out to Envira gallery developers could be a really good shot in this case as they might have some ready answer for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.