Share Taxonomies in all Multisite blogs

Hi,

for my WPMU project i installed "Post Indexer" and "Custom Press", i created my post-type, taxonomy and custom-field from "Network Admin" for to share it with all sub-domain! So now i have my new "Post Custom Menu" in all Network (main blog+sub blogs)

I'd like to share post in all Network, especially in the main blog, this my situation, i have

"domain.com" the main blog
"local.domain.com" with his "Taxonomy01" (and categories "bar", "discotheque", ecc ecc)
"shop.domain.com" with his "Taxonomy02" (and categories "clothes", "market", ecc ecc)
"health.domain.com" with his "Taxonomy03" (and categories "chemist", "beauty center", ecc ecc)

i'd like "domain.com" (and if possible also all sub-domains) might "read" all the categories and taxonomies (bar+disco+clothes ecc ecc.), for show contents in homepage based in "category"that i like ... is it possible??

In my "Post Custom Menu" from "local.domain.com" i created categories using taxonomy but i can't see theese categories from the "Post Custom Menu" of "main blog" ... what i should do?

I hope to be clear ...

Thank
Luca

• lucaweb
    • Flash Drive

other details ...

i taken a look on wordpress.org and i found and test it this plugin wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags, it allow to add post from all network in the main blog importing categories and tags from all sub-blogs ... this work just with default categories and tags but not with post-types and taxonomy created with CustomPress ... after all i might use this solution at don't use "post-type" and "taxonomy" but i'd like to know if there is a way using these!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya lucaweb,

If you're looking to display them using your own function you could use our Recent Posts plugin. Or easily display them in a widget using the Recent Global Posts widget:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-posts/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-global-posts-widget

But the sitewide tags plugin would also be a potential way to go. If it's working for ya now in the way you like then I'd stick with that, but our plugins should work with custom post types. It's just a matter of configuring them to fit your specific site needs.

Thanks!

• lucaweb
    • Flash Drive

thank for answer masonjames,

i'm using a studiopress theme (i hope don't have a conflict speaking about this in your site) and using "genesis fetured widget amplified" i can show in homepage posts selecting page/post, taxonomy/tag/category, show post thumbnails and more other options .. using "wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags" as i said i can import all categories and tag from in the main site but not the taxonomies ..

i taken a look in your post plugins but it seem don't have all this options (for exemple there is not possibility to show thumbnails but just avatar) .. is there other widget plugins can help me?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Luca,

i'm using a studiopress theme (i hope don't have a conflict speaking about this in your site)

No worries. Loads of folks here are also members over at StudioPress (I'm a member over there myself :smiley:)

Looking at your current setup, we don't have a widget that offers the functionality you're looking for here. You could use a combination of Post Indexer and our Sitewide Tags plugin to pull it together, but to get the taxonomy breakdown for a specific category and have it display the title, thumbnail, etc you'd still have to write your own query to get the results your looking for.

If you're not up to coding that yourself, my advice would be to use one of the widgets that comes closest to what you want or to hire someone to write up the function for you. We have Job Boards for this purpose here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

If you do end up using a few of our plugins together and have a specific issue, let us know and we'll take a look with you and provide pointers as necessary.

Thanks!

• lucaweb
    • Flash Drive

hi masonjames,

just last question before to proceed with my project (i was thinking a lot in this day about "how to continue to develop") ...

is there a way for use default categories and tags in new post-type? i think to read somethink around on your forum but now i'm not able to find back!!

Luca

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Luca,

is there a way for use default categories and tags in new post-type?

Do you mean so that when a new post-type is created it is automatically given certain categories and tags? I don't believe there is a plugin out there to do this.

However, you can use our CustomPress plugin to create your new post-type and categories/tags. Then use a plugin like rolescoper so that other user roles cannot edit the custom categories. this will keep them from being able to add new ones - so they can only use the ones you setup by default.

Role Scoper: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/role-scoper/

Hope this helps!

• lucaweb
    • Flash Drive

hi masonjames,

sorry, i mean when a new post-type is created to have in the new editor panel the two classic box on the right with the classics category and tag added in the default menu "post/categories" and "post/tag"!!

thank's for help
    Luca

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Luca,

Gotcha. At this time, there's no product available that does this. I'm actually not sure it's possible.

When you register a taxonomy (which is what you would do to add a category or tag) you must define the object (post type) in order for it to display:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy

You'd need to have a function that watched for any new post types, and when it found a new one, added it to the register_taxonomy function. This may be possible - but it'd be a custom project that you'd need a developer for.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.