Share your location - to buddypress activity

Hi,

Great forum feature here on WPMUDEV forums. - 'Share my location'

Is it possible to add this to all wordpress/buddypress activity?

Then be able to display these posts by location anywhere on the network?

Cheers,

Johnny

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Johnny,

Great group of questions you have here in which I will try to get a hold of the lead developer for comment.

Great forum feature here on WPMUDEV forums. - 'Share my location'

Is it possible to add this to all wordpress/buddypress activity?

Then be able to display these posts by location anywhere on the network?

I would like to let it be known that this does not work on any browser currently on my computer and that when I was with the lead developer discussing it he commented that though he does not know why it is not working on my browsers, he does know that not all browsers allow geo location.

I will indeed tag this ticket so he can possibly comment on your questions.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I was wondering @masonjames and @aecnu why my location doesn't appear in any of my posts? I do have the share my location checked. I don't see in my profile where to put an address or location.

I'll +1 this as well as @johnnymestizo I think it would be a great addition

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean Kaus,

Great question though I am not aware it is a check mark?

I thought it was just a link that you click on and it is done though I cannot click on it with any browser on my computer, but my security is high to say the least.

@Dean Kaus you actually have a check box?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean Kaus,

The reason why I asked this is because as shown in my screen shot below there is no check box, so I am curious about this though I realize I will not be using it myself but it is important to know for those who do want to disclose there physical location.

I am using Firefox 14.0.1

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean Kaus,

Thank you for your additional input and your screen shot, it is certainly appreciated and a picture is worth a thousand words most of the time.

The day before yesterday while Ve and I were working a different issue we found that for both Ve and I IE9 had somehow added the wpmudev.org in IE9 to compatibility mode which caused all kinds of sit anomalies including the scrambling of the bottom of the screen. It would set compatibility mode to IE7.

Since this discovery and removing the domain from compatibility mode, the "Share My Location" box does indeed appear in IE9 and all the other anomalies as well were gone.

However, my primary browser is Firefox and ir still does not show there, but as mentioned before I have really tight security on my browser and internal network.

On a side note, in my graphic above it does show the missing check box if you open the graphic.

Thanks again for your input.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.