Shared login across multiple sites

Hi,
I am looking for a solution where two wordpress sites can share a users login, ie if a user logins into one site, he or she can move over to the other site without re-loggin in. I basically want a single signup process on the main site and ability for the user to move between sites without having to re login again.

Any suggestions warmly welcome.

kindest regards
Andrew

• afreeth
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

ah, looks like the user synconisation plugin is what i m after., ll the lookingand I just didnt see it.

The econd questions is , how do i tackle the same problem if it is multisite with four of five sites with in the multisite?
    Is is possible? so share a login

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

User sync plugin would allow you to share the users between several different sites.

However that would not allow one to login to all the sites at once. For that you will need to use Single Sign on based on cookies and that is not that secure.

If however you are using WordPress multisite, then there is no need for User sync plugin or a single signon system as the users are logged in to all the sites by default as soon as they login on one site.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.