Shared Resources Info for Appointments+

I am looking for info on how to use the Shared Resources add on for Appointments+.

A support comment on the following page sent me here.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/build-an-amazing-appointments-website/

• Rupok

Hi Rick, hope you had a wonderful day.

This addon allows your services to define shared real-life resources, such as rooms or vehicles. For example, you provide medical services and your have only one room for service and two doctors can use that room at the same time. So if anyone confirms an appointment for service 1 at sunday 10 AM, then nobody else can confirm appointment for service 2 at sunday 10 AM same time. When you have this addon enabled, you will see more options in your "Services" tab in appointments settings. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Omar

I understand the example above but I cannot see where to create the shared resource.

For our use, our locations have individual rooms that also must be reserved and rooms cannot be shared so we have this structure:

Book.Staff (each staff member charges a different fee
    Book.Location
    Book.Location.Room (each room has different amenities so in theory Book.Location.Room.amenity)

Any idea how/if this can be done?

Where do you set up the resource that can be shared? In your example you mention a room-

For example, you provide medical services and your have only one room for service and two doctors can use that room at the same time. So if anyone confirms an appointment for service 1 at sunday 10 AM, then nobody else can confirm appointment for service 2 at sunday 10 AM same time

How does one set up this room?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Omar,

How does one set up this room?

Resource is not a real object that can be set in Appointments.

By default in Appointment when you have more then one service provider performing different services (lets say 2 services and 2 providers) that means that at the same hour two people can book both services. Because in default it means that both providers are have own separate resources (rooms).
    But what if there is only one room and two providers can use it for two different services? Plugin should not let overbook one hour for two people if there is only one room.
    So that is why there is shared resources add-on - you select which services are sharing resources, so when someone books appointment for 10 am for one service, then this slot becomes "busy" for another service.
    There is no actual resource in plugin - you have to only mark which services are sharing real life resources, so there will be no overbooking.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.