Shared users and single sign on for multiple Wordpress instances on different domains

Hello,

I am looking into the possibility of sharing users between and having single sign-on for users accross multiple Wordpress instances on different domains. Is this something I can do with User Synchronization or Multi-Domains and, if not, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you in advance!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @rcostica, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

From what you've described here, it sounds like you'd want to use a combination of User Synchronization & a third party service called Auth0. This was something I had suggested to another member a few months ago:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-create-single-sign-on-across-multiple-single-site-installations

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• rcostica
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michael,

Tanks for the fast reply! I already had a look at Auth0 and would probably do the trick, however, there's a small problem when it comes to pricing :slight_smile:

My client is looking to revamp his network of 20+ websites and forums, each with thousands of subscribers, and pass them over to Wordpress. He'd like to have the single sign on option available for their subscribers, but we're talking approximately 50.000 subscribers currently, and planning to expand. That would make Auth0 costs way too much for his linking, that's why I was looking for a different solution.

So, basically, what you're telling me is that neither User Synchronization nor Multi-Domains can handle single sign-on, right?

Thanks again,
      Razvan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @rcostica

I hope you are well today.

So, basically, what you're telling me is that neither User Synchronization nor Multi-Domains can handle single sign-on, right?

Yes, you are right.

One thing I would like to ask, as all the sites are from same person, then why don't you offer him a multisite? A multisite can contains as many sites as you want. So you can serve those sites for different purposes. You can also map different domains for different subsites and thus you can offer single sign on.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.