ShareYourCart with marketpress

i would like to see ShareYourCart added to marketpress to allow owners the ability to automatically offer discounts when the customer shares their product on their facebook or twitter.

It is already integrated with magento, getshopped.org(wp ecommerce), cubecart, wp eshop, thecartpress, prestashop, wp storecart, wp estore, woocommerce, oscommerce.

I think it would a valuable asset to marketpress.
It would need to be integrated so the shopping cart would display a button below the checkout button. to get a discount they would have to click that button, and it would then share to fb or twitter, once shared, would return to the shopping cart and apply the discount automatically, but also give the owner of the marketpress the option to have it email the person a coupon for the discount.

Info for integration is at http://developers.shareyourcart.com/1-hour-wordpress-integration/

• tfbc

is there a way i could incorporate that into every product page? or the shopping cart automatically? this is how the shareyourcart works, when the customer checks out, they have a button there where if they click it, they are redirected to a popup which gives them the option to like on fb or twitter, and after they do so, it redirects them back to the site, automatically deducting the % off their cart at checkout.

I think if a customer has to click a button, then like, then enter a coupon code this might deter them from finishing their order.

I know shareyourcart wouldnt work for global shopping cart because not every store owner is going to want to offer a discount to their customers. but would be a nice feature that a store owner could turn on and off within their marketpress settings. would be simple as when marketpress is installed it would install shareyourcart plugin as well. within the marketpress i know there would need to be some additional code added to the cart to make it work though, Im not a php programmer and goes way above my head on how i would even attempt this. But if i was to try, what file would i need to edit in marketpress for the function of the checkout/shopping cart?

• Timothy Bowers

is there a way i could incorporate that into every product page? or the shopping cart automatically? this is how the shareyourcart works, when the customer checks out, they have a button there where if they click it, they are redirected to a popup which gives them the option to like on fb or twitter, and after they do so, it redirects them back to the site, automatically deducting the % off their cart at checkout.

It wouldn't be automatic without some custom coding there. They would have to currently copy the coupon code to checkout. If they are like me whilst shopping on line I spend 20 minutes sometimes looking for a coupon online but I love a bargain. :slight_smile:

But you could include it with a shortcode in your products on in a global location, maybe a widget.

I'm not familiar with ShareYourCart and so couldn't guide you on installing that yourself. If you need this then for now you would need to hire a developer.

Of course if more people ask for this then it would be something our developers consider for development.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.