Sharing post between sites - bookmarking function

Hey there,

Trying to patch into your wisdom here..
On a multisite - I´m wondering what it would require to make a function that bookmarks and shares a post from one site to the other in the sitenetwork? Is it do-able you think?

regards
Karsten

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Karsten Christrup,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Could you please elaborate your question a bit more please, what exactly are you referring to with "sharing" posts?

You could use Autoblog plugin to import posts from one site to another:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

Or you can try Recent Network Posts plugin to create a feed of recent posts from across the network:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-posts/

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Karsten Christrup

Hi Predrag,
    Thank you for your speedy reply and sorry for being a bit vague about my question :slight_smile: - it´s been a while since I´ve been here last and see you have a lot of possible options. But let me clarify using the following scenario:
    A food-based multisite that has a large collection of recipes on the main site, where its users have their own (child)-sites on which they have a collection of favorite recipes from the main site. They most likely do not need every new recipe (like the recent post plugin) posted on the main site, but would prefer to manually select the ones that they like from the main site and save them on their own site with one click of a button - like you would if you bookmarked something :slight_smile:

Maybe the membership 2 pro plugin is relevant here?

best regards
    Karsten

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Karsten,

I hope you're well today!

Maybe the membership 2 pro plugin is relevant here?

Although I'm all for our Membership 2 Pro plugin, I don't think it would be an answer here. This is a plugin that allows you to protect content from being accessible by certain groups of users and/or built a membership site.

To let you sub-sites admins bookmark their favorite recipes I'd create a setup like this:

1. Use our CustomPress plugin to create a custom post type named - let's say - "Favorite recipes"
    2. Setup Autoblog plugin to import recipes as "Drafts" and as "Favorite recipes"

This way each sub-site admin (and other users with relevant role) would see a "Favorite recipes" section in their dashboards full of non-published recipes from main site. They'd be able to simply click "publish" for each selected recipe.

In addition, you may want to create a category called for example "Favorite recipes" to further organize this imported content. You can also setup Autoblog to import only excerpts instead of full posts and to append the source URL to each imported post.

This way users would build a "catalog or favorite recipes" rather than simply duplicate the content from your main site.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Karsten Christrup

Hi Adam,
    Yes that would definately work - thank you! - and with the right sub-site-admin terminology and visual presentation of these posts in their admin-panel, they would achieve something they could use without it being overly complicated for them. My only worry is that it could lead to db inflation - but this could be solved by instating a time-based deletion of drafts. Would something like that be do-able you think?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.