Shipper can't be activated

When I install Shipper beta 12 I get a white screen and the following error in logs:
[29-Nov-2018 22:42:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Phar' not found in /*************/wp-content/plugins/shipper/lib/aws/sdk-v3.phar:3

• Nithin

Hi Peter,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

The above mentioned fatal error occurs when the Phar extension in PHP is not installed, or enabled. Would recommend you to check with your hosting provider whether the mentioned extension is enabled in your site.

http://php.net/manual/en/book.phar.php

Please do note that Shipper is still in beta phase, and it hasn't been tested extensively in multi sites fully, our developers are still working on improving the plugin. If you happen to have issues regarding this, would recommend you to report it in the Shipper test center thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-version-of-shipper-to-check-out-shipper-10-beta-12

Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Peter

Hi Nithin.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I was afraid you'd say it was server related. Nothing I can do about php unfortunately. It's about time I change that host. Worst service ever. And their support is a nightmare. That's one of the reasons I was looking forward to taking Shipper for a spin and move the install to your new hosting and see how it would run there. :slight_smile:

I assume phar is going to be a required resource for Shipper to run in the final release too? So I need to find another way of migrating. I think I did managed to use a Snapshot and then run a manual install on the new server and then tweak the last bits and bobs in db, wp-config and htaccess manually. So that might work.

Thanks again.
    Peter

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Peter

If you use managed backup on that site, this guide could help to move this site to other hosting:

1. At first, create a Managed Backup in Snapshot.
    2. Then go to your Hub, click on the source site domain, go to Backup tab. There you will see your managed backups listed.
    3. Beside the listings, there will be a button RESTORE. Click on it and choose "My website is down"
    4. Clicking that will give you option to download two files.
    A) One - Backup Zip File
    B) Two - snapshot-installer.php file
    5. Download them both.
    6. Then upload both to your target site root directory. (this directory needs to be empty)
    7. Create a clean database at your target site hosting.
    8. Then go to "https://ENTER_SITE_URL.com/snapshot-installer.php "
    9. Then you will see options to restore the backup.
    10. Follow the instructions and then you will be done.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Peter

Hi Kris,

I've used managed hosting Snashot for migrating a multisite before, but thanks :slight_smile:

While we're at it and if somebody else find's this thread:

when using a Managed Snapshot for migrating the site to another domain, Ari had the finishing touch for that:

After restore the multisite to a new domain with snapshot-installer.php you have to make some changes in the database, since snapshot was not designed for migration it doesn't take care of them. Here's the steps:

1: Change the DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE, PATH_CURRENT_SITE, so it suit to new domain in wp-config.php
    2: Change the RewriteBase in .htaccess or any domain related configuration.
    3: Change "site url" and "home url" from wp_options table
    4: Change the domain column to new domain in wp_blogs table in all rows.

I have done that once and it worked a charme. But Shipper just sounds that much sweeter for the job :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.