Shipper fails and have trouble with the db

I have now tried Shipper on two websites and both have failed. Currently, on this site, I'm trying to copy it over to dev.sign*****ative.com to create a staging version. It seems to be having a lot of trouble with the database table "_8iqmyp_frmt_form_views"

I'm actually not sure if it's running currently or not. It doesn't appear so but I haven't gotten any emails.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Brad,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

As the logs in both ends seem to stop without any actual error message, let's try to give this another try.

I just went into the destination site in Shipper -> Settings -> Migration and enabled the Use uploads directory as working directory option:

I also edited the wp-config.php file of the destination site and enabled the WP debuggers with the following lines:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Could you please go to the destination site now and import the live site?
    Let us know how that goes!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Brad
    • Flash Drive

Dimitris,

The migration appears to still be working and the log currently says:

March 14, 2019 8:54 pm - Process tables ( table 27 of 49: wp_8iqmyp_frmt_form_views, row 240250 of 463477 ) - at 51% (step 246228 of 479160) - total progress: 50%

However, when I look in PhpMyAdmin in the database, I don't see a wp_8iqmyp_frmt_form_views table, and I have a sum of 8,661 rows. What's going on?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Brad,

hope you're doing well today!

I've already gathered all information and logs and forwarded these to our Shipper developers for further investigation. Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as there's any development on this.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Brad,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I got some feedback from Shipper lead developer and this seems to be a bug - somehow we managed to split the exported table file into parts that are smaller than needed for the multipart uploads. This is already added in plugin's backlog and will be fixed in a future release. I really can't provide any estimated time on this, me or another colleague will keep you posted here though, as long as we've got any other valuable insights on this (or even a possible hotfix/beta before official release).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Brad,

hope you're doing well and I'm sorry for the late response here.
    Above issue that was showing our site as offline was due to some API bug which caused increased traffic in our support channels.

I can see that there's another thread already where you requested a manual migration and our SLS team will proceed with this for you:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hosting-need-migration-help-please

Also, Snapshot is for backing up and restoring the same site in the same server, not for migration purposes, as it may lead to misconfigurations (thus the need of the Shipper plugin in the first place).

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.