Shipper Import Issue

It's been over 5 hours, and Shipper is stuck at 33% in import in the destination site. Please check, and advise what could be done to fix this.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Brad,

As mentioned in chat, we were able to notice the following errors in the Migration logs:
    [FAIL] Transfer failed for [24]: [Error executing "GetObject" on "https://xxxx/643868/dev.sangerxxxx.com/files/wp-content/plugins/pdf-embedder/js/pdfjs/cmaps/78-RKSJ-H.bcmap"; AWS HTTP error: cURL error 23: Failed writing body (0 != 2398) (see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html) (server): 200 OK (Request-ID: 404804CCFA4F7B93) - ]

Which seems to be generating from the plugin PDF Embeder plugin, which was causing issue with the import.

Our developer has managed to exclude the above file, so that the error wouldn't hamper the migration plugin.

Unfortunately, I could notice that the migration process got cancelled during these time frame, running a new import in your destination site, should be enough to start the process again without any issue.

However, I could notice that the server resources to the dev site is a bit low, mainly max_execution_time is 30, and memory_limit is 90M, which are very low. These could also lower the process time.

I tried creating php.ini file in the root directory of the destination site, and added the following rule:

upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 512M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 300

But, I'm afraid, that didn't help much. The server resources are still low. I'm not sure whether your host allows to increase the above rules.
    https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/214893937-How-do-I-increase-the-PHP-memory-limit-

Could you please bring this into your hosting provider, and ask to increase the memory limit, so that you could run an import via Shipper without any issue.

Since the Export is already saved in the cloud, running import in the destination should be enough to start the migration. Once the import is over in Shipper, you'll have to manually copy the PDF Embedder plugin into the destination, so that the plugin loads in the destination site.

Please do let us know how that goes, have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Brad
    • Flash Drive

Nithin,

Thanks for your help. Another quirk of Dreamhost is no php.ini file, they instead use a phprc file. I've added the rules to that file, killed php processes following DH's instructions, and I'm now running another migration. It appears to be stuck at 28% again, but I'll give it more time.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Brad

Looks like some DB information is not transferred. You have to do it manually.

Please do the following:
    1. Go to the phpmyadmin of destination site, and take a DB backup by exporting.
    2. Go to the phpmyadmin of source site, export wp_terms, wp_posts, wp_term_relationships and wp_postmeta tables
    3. Go to the phpmyadmin of destination site and import the exported SQL from the source phpmyadmin

This should transfer the posts, pages and menus to the source site. If anything goes wrong, import the backup you taken on step 1.

Let us know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.