Shipper - pre-flight check warning

Getting warning on pre-flight check and can't continue to the next. "Detected a problem with AWS PHP SDK! Either there is a conflicting version present, or we were not able to load our version."

• Pawel

Hello Dustin!

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.

The most common reason why you are getting this issue is when another plugin also uses their own AWS SDK (a library for easily accessing Amazon cloud data storage - we are using it to migrate files). So, if another plugin also has it included, there's a clash.

I can see one possible workaround for this - temporarily disabling the other offending plugin. Here's my guess which ones to go through first:
    - ManageWP
    - Gravity Forms
    - Comet Cache and any other caching plugin
    - Google Drive plugin

Basically anything that sends or may send data, even if you don't use this functionality, should be disabled first.

kind regards,
    Pawel

• Dustin

Hello!

Thank you for the update. I disabled the plugins and was able to get the migration started, but it failed after gathering files for upload. I was exporting from truewarranty.co to truwarranty.co

Here is the log:
    March 6, 2019 3:30 pm - Migration cancelled
    March 6, 2019 3:30 pm - Attempting cancel on truwarranty.co migration
    March 6, 2019 3:30 pm - Attempting to cancel export migration
    March 6, 2019 3:50 pm -
    March 6, 2019 3:50 pm - _applyApiProvider(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), Array, Object(Aws\HandlerList))
    March 6, 2019 3:50 pm - _apply_api_provider(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), Array, Object(Aws\HandlerList))
    March 6, 2019 3:50 pm - resolve(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), 'api', 's3', '2006-03-01')
    March 6, 2019 3:50 pm -
    March 6, 2019 3:30 pm - Encountered a FATAL ERROR: Uncaught Aws\Exception\UnresolvedApiException: The s3 service does not have version: 2006-03-01. in phar:///home/treuwarranty/public_html/wp-content/plugins/shipper/lib/aws/sdk-v3.phar/Aws/Api/ApiProvider.php:85

What could be done to address this?

Comet Cache was the plugin cause the pre-flight error.
    I reactivated the plugins that we need live (Gravity Forms) after the failure.

• Pawel

Hello Dustin!

I hope you're well today and thanks for the update!

It seems like you are encountering the same configuration issue as in this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/site-migration-failed

I've reached out to our developers for feedback on the possible causes of this issue and I am currently waiting for their response. Also, Predrag who was handling your previous ticket has added a task for our developers and they are already looking for a possible patch to be added to Shipper.

I will keep you posted as soon as I receive any information on this issue from the developers.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Dustin

This did not get rid of the error whenever I attempted to import.

I attempted the Export and it also failed again.

March 7, 2019 7:36 pm - Migration cancelled
    March 7, 2019 7:36 pm - Attempting cancel on truwarranty.co migration
    March 7, 2019 7:36 pm - Attempting to cancel export migration
    March 7, 2019 7:40 pm -
    March 7, 2019 7:40 pm - _applyApiProvider(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), Array, Object(Aws\HandlerList))
    March 7, 2019 7:40 pm - _apply_api_provider(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), Array, Object(Aws\HandlerList))
    March 7, 2019 7:40 pm - resolve(Object(Aws\Api\ApiProvider), 'api', 's3', '2006-03-01')
    March 7, 2019 7:40 pm -
    March 7, 2019 7:36 pm - Encountered a FATAL ERROR: Uncaught Aws\Exception\UnresolvedApiException: The s3 service does not have version: 2006-03-01. in phar:///home/treuwarranty/public_html/wp-content/plugins/shipper/lib/aws/sdk-v3.phar/Aws/Api/ApiProvider.php:85

• Pawel

Hello Dustin!

It looks like our Shipper developers have already fixed this issue and it is waiting for quality assurance testing now before it will be made available to the public. I asked the team to send me a patch that can be applied on your site and I'm waiting for their response now.

Please let me know if you're okay with this so I can update the files on your site as soon as I get the patch. I've got all the necessary credentials to log in via cPanel which you provided in the LiveChat.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel

Hello Dustin!

I hope you're well today and thank you for the green light!

I've overwritten the file at shipper/lib/shipper/helper/fs/class-remote.php with the updated version (a backup of the old file is also there, just in case), on both sites.

So far, it all seems to work fine and I don't see any new issues. I assume you already know how to deal with the backup files that are mentioned in pre-flight check results and you know that you can exclude them from migration.

Please go ahead and try migrating the site now and share the results here in this thread.

Just in case you need it elsewhere, I'm attaching the zip file with the patch in my response. As I said earlier, it's a working patch but at this moment it's still waiting for quality assurance tests before it will be available as an update to Shipper. As always in this kind of situation, please use it carefully and be sure to make backups of the files and have a way to revert changes.

Waiting for your feedback!

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel

Hello Dustin!

I hope you're well today and sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.

I logged in to the source site and can see the migration is still on the same step as you mentioned. I checked the error_log file on the destination site and it seems to show some issues with the database.

I will create a task for our Second Line Support team to check the issue and send them all the info we've gathered so far.

Cheers,
    Pawel

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Dustin ,

We've identified the issue and it will be fixed in 1.0.2 version. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA at the moment to give you as it includes other various updates as well and the fix for this isn't a patch that can be easily applied so I could help at the moment.

Please make sure to update to 1.0.2 when it comes out and in the meantime tell us if you need any further help :slight_smile: !

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.