Shipper Pro export from local site to remote gets stuck

Trying Shipper Pro on local site to another site and it gets stuck at 85%

I see this, but don’t think it’s an error:

March 8, 2019 12:52 pm – Import to remote location ( at 66% ) – at 66% (step 1 of 1) – total progress: 85%

March 8, 2019 12:52 pm – (Called migration-get: 10.84, status: 200)

March 8, 2019 12:52 pm – Import to remote location ( at 66% ) – at 66% (step 1 of 1) – total progress: 85% 7:46 pm

and this:

March 8, 2019 1:03 pm – Import to remote location ( at 66% ) – at 66% (step 1 of 1) – total progress: 85%

March 8, 2019 1:03 pm – Rescheduled at: 15

March 8, 2019 1:00 pm – Import to remote location ( at 66% ) – at 66% (step 1 of 1) – total progress: 85%

When the import to remote location begins it wrecks my remote site and leaves it at with an 500 error

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello elpino!

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

Since the process gives a 500 error there seems to be some kind of general issue related to the PHP code.

To find out what is causing your issue, we will need to have the destination site reinstalled. Please do this first and install the WPMU Dashboard and Shipper there, but do not try to perform a migration yet.

Pre-flight check is okay to do. Please enable support access on the destination site.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Second step will be adding the following lines to both sites’ wp-config.php files, above the line where it says /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

This will enable debugging on both sites and also create a log file in /wp-content/debug.log as soon as any errors happen. Usually in case of a 500 error this file will give a lot of insight into what is actually happening.

After you are ready, please post here so we can continue to the next step.

Kind regards,

Pawel

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there shipper pro lasted 2 days no idea if it got stuck when i came back says cant connect to db on remote and the hosting is 14.5gb of 10 gb so i was trying to create a ftp account wich dont let me to delete some of the files from remote (this case wpmudev hosting) to see if could delete some files from folder /uploads/snapshot/ that are 4 tmp files of 2 gb. so i can login to the remote wp and see what is going on. So anyway i can make a ftp account so can delete those files and enter the remote wordpress? or the only solution is deleting the remote wordpress in wpmudev and wait 2 days again for the shipper to migrate?

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Elpino!

I hope you’re well today and thank you for the update!

Please correct me if I understand you well: the hosting you are using seems to run out of disk space, right? In that case it’s possible for migration to fail because of lack of space for transferring files.

You can delete any of the old backups and any remaining files after failed migration attempts. This should allow you to gain some space. Please keep latest backup just in case you need it for any reason.

If you used the destination site only to make a migration and there’s no content, you can delete that site, along with any database tables and reinstall it completely, then install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin there.

Shipper allows you to exclude some unnecessary files, so that the migration will be quicker. Examples of such files include old backups, for example. Shipper will show you which files might be excluded after the pre-flight check completes, you will see them in Files >> Large files section of the pre-flight report. As far as I remember, there are some backups on your source site that can be excluded from migration and make the process much faster.

Kind regards,

Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.