[Shipper Pro] Shipper Error

Hi, I am trying to copy the site over to a temporary location to give a developer access. Shipper seems to be struggling although I’ve tried both a push and a pull. The logs are saying that it’s trying and failing to increase the memory limit. Any ideas? I can just install and use a snapshot if it’s going to be a lot of work to fix. Just thought this might be easier.

Cheers

Simon

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Simon,

Would you mind allowing support access to both source and destination sites so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Snapshot plugin was not designed to be used as a migration tool and will probably have memory issues as well if this is what’s causing Shipper to fail.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Webxopt
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The reason I am creating this site is to give a developer access, so I cannot give you access to the main site either.

The excerpt from the logs is below: –

January 28, 2019 3:05 pm – Migration cancelled

January 28, 2019 3:05 pm – This is Hub-initiated migration, no remote to cancel

January 28, 2019 3:05 pm – Attempting to cancel export migration

January 31, 2019 10:43 am –

January 28, 2019 3:05 pm – Encountered a FATAL ERROR: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to open /sites/dundaslawyers.com.au/www/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/0-34c8bf1c8f314d0ebd19f80060b4cbd1/1597015773.png using mode r: fopen(/sites/dundaslawyers.com.au/www/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/0-34c8bf1c8f314d0ebd19f80060b4cbd1/1597015773.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///sites/dundaslawyers.com.au/www/wp-content/plugins/shipper/lib/aws/sdk-v3.phar/GuzzleHttp/Psr7/functions.php:299

January 28, 2019 3:05 pm – Upload gathered files ( 650 of 9125 total ) – at 7% (step 650 of 9125) – total progress: 15%

January 28, 2019 3:04 pm – Upload gathered files ( 625 of 9125 total ) – at 6% (step 625 of 9125) – total progress: 15%

January 28, 2019 3:03 pm – Upload gathered files ( 600 of 9125 total ) – at 6% (step 600 of 9125) – total progress: 15%

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Webxopt,

It seems like there’s some Gravity Forms temp file that has been registered by Shipper preflight check but then it got removed later during the migration process so Shipper stopped due to the missing file.

Our devs are looking for a solution for these cases in next release but at the moment you can try temporarily disabling Gravity Forms until the migration is completed.

While Gravity Forms is disabled no temp files should be added or removed and the process should be able to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Webxopt

Hi Predrag

I’d love to report that this one worked….I got the following error this time: –

February 3, 2019 3:35 pm – Encountered a FATAL ERROR: Uncaught Error: Class ‘SimpleXMLElement’ not found in phar:///sites/dundaslawyers.com.au/www/wp-content/plugins/shipper/lib/aws/sdk-v3.phar/Aws/Api/Parser/PayloadParserTrait.php:39

February 3, 2019 3:35 pm – Uploading /sites/dundaslawyers.com.au/www/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Wordpress-Access-Control.mov, size: 10 MB

February 3, 2019 3:35 pm – Upload gathered files ( 8957 of 8957 total ) – at 99% (step 8957 of 8957) – total progress: 33%

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Webxopt

It seems that there might also be a conflict related to AWS SDK. If there is some other plugin that is using AWS SDK and it’s an older version (ours is v3) that might be causing such an issue. It would be good then to check the plugins to see, though it might be necessary to look through the plugins’ files on the server: in any case that library would most likely be inside some “/vendor” folder inside some plugin(s)’ folder.

Would you be able to check this? If there is such plugin, at the moment it also would have to be disabled (and manually re-uploaded and re-activated on a moved site after migration).

If that doesn’t help either, let us know and I’ll keep consulting that with our developers.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Webxopt

Hi Adam,

I ended up using Snapshot to copy files and database across. That worked reasonably well.

You might be a bit early releasing shipper at the moment as there must be a lot of plugins that use AWS SDK. I have tried it on quite a few sites and haven’t got any to work so far. At the moment Snapshot import seems more reliable.

I should also add that it is very, very slow. I know this is because you do things file by file, but maybe you could reduce this a bit to only files that need this. You could for example zip plugins individually and send.

Actually, one last feature request for when it is ready. I would love to see a schedule system in there too. I have a couple of sites that I have to sync weekly. I was doing that with WordPress export, but I’ve just realised that only adds and doesn’t update.

Thanks

Simon

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Webxopt

Thanks for letting us know!

While Snapshot is not a “migration” tool it might in fact work in some cases so I’m glad to hear it worked for you.

As for the Shipper. Yes, it is young but our developers are working hard on fixes and improvements so I believe it’s gonna be number one migration tools soon :slight_smile: It might be very slow but that’s a matter of a “compromise” as we did test multiple beta versions that were in fact using different “variants” of compression and all in all this way turned out to be the most reliable – if you take into account test not only with environments like Managed WP hosts, VPS or dedicated servers but also shared hosting accounts (some of them of really low parameters). But there are still improvements on the way to make it more “steady” and faster anyway.

Actually, one last feature request for when it is ready. I would love to see a schedule system in there too. I have a couple of sites that I have to sync weekly. I was doing that with WordPress export, but I’ve just realised that only adds and doesn’t update.

Usually the migration is done “on demand”, I think, but yeah – I think that could be a nice thing to have. It would probably make Shipper more of a “migration and deployment” (well, very simple “deployment”:wink: but I can see how that could actually be useful :slight_smile: I’ve already put that under our Shipper team consideration, thanks for suggesting it!

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.