[Shipper Pro] Shipper export single site from Multisite

Hi guys

Maybe I am missing something here but I cannot see the option in Shipper to export a single site from Multisite? I can only see the option to export the entire network?

Am I correct?

Thanks

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Kieran,

hope you’re doing well and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

This is correct, Shipper is designed to move an entire WP installation between servers, there’s no option to extract a subsite from a multisite and import it into a single WP installation.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

Are there any plans to add this? I have both use cases: Ship a single site out of one multisite into another multisite and also ship a single site out of a multi site install into a single site install.

And also ship one single site into a multisite, now that I think of it.

• Nastia
      • Support Rock Star

Hello mbitcon

Hope you are doing well!

Thank you for your question. Shipper plugins move the entire installation from one place to another.

To migrate a subsite to a single site please try Snapshot plugin. The process should be as following:

– Pre-install the themes and plugins manually on a single WordPress site

– Backup with local Snapshots only the database of a subsite

– Upload the backup file to single WordPress directory

/wp-content/uploads/snapshot

– Import the back up from Snapshot > Import

– Restore the database on a site from Snapshot > Snapshot

Please follow the same process to migrate a single site to a multisite, and restore database on a subsite.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,

Nastia

• Kieran
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I always use snapshot fro multisite and single site transfers but it messes up quite a bit and I need to repair with find and replace in the DB every time. Images are also never copied as it gives errors so I do those manually also. I thought Shipper may be an improvement for transfers so just thought I would ask.

Back to find and replace then :slight_smile:

• mbitcon
    • Problem solver

Hey Dimitris

That is good to hear. I just want note that both is not correct we are already three (Brandon, Kieran and myself) and I would bet that there are many more members who are waiting for this kind of functionality. After all, WPMUdev startet out as a company catering to users with multisite installations and this must be something that almost everyone with a multisite must at least have thought of doing before…

Mike

• Greg
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

+1 for push/pull functionality between subsite and single-site. I thought Shipper was going to have this feature too so I was holding off on buying another plugin, but I suppose I’ll buy the other plugin and hope that Shipper adds this functionality before the license renews next year…

• Mukul Chawla
    • Product Designer

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts on this feature.

At the moment, we’re focused on improving the existing API migration method and adding alternate migration methods. However, we’d definitely want to support this feature and I’ve added a task for this feature request. Keep an eye on the roadmap and be assured that Shipper will have this feature :thumbsup:

Regards,

Mukul Chawla

• kennibc
    • The Crimson Coder

+1 from me too. If shipper could migrate a multisite subsite to a single site I could utilize multisite to build the websites and then push them out to clients. A huge benefit for developers so that we can also maintain a localhost copy of our work in case of issues. It must be hugely complex!

• Anastasiya
    • Flash Drive

+1 here, just installed Shipper with a sole purpose of migrating a single site from multisite. I used another plugin (top pick in WP repository) to migrate single sites. It has always worked so well, but I don’t want to purchase their multi-site license since I am already a WPMU member.

Snapshot solution never worked for me, too many issues and loose ends left behind

• Mr Right Now
    • The Crimson Coder

Yes +1 to move them out or in as single sites.

Snapshot is giving issues still, it recently told me I had 100% successfull back up & then a 100% successful restore and it missed so many items.

That is extremely dangerous as I would have branched off my clients site loosing all that data and continuing with normal server backups which would have been un restorable.

How can SnapShot give 100% Success messages when it did not check what it did properly?

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello there!

Mr Right Now as this is an old ticket related to Shipper, can you please create a separate ticket for your issue so we can handle it for you and check what’s happening there?

As for Shipper and the feature request, I’ve checked the progress on this and our developers are prioritising this feature. We also think it will be a huge addition to the plugin’s current functionalities :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.