[Shipper Pro] Shipper Plugin does not transfer themes and plugins

I'm trying to setup a staging site on WPMU for theclydevenue.com but the transfer doesn't seem to include all of the support files. I tried it as an export, and then as an import. The current error is that there is no theme folder for Avada, which is the theme in use.

I did explore the Shipper options, and tried one that allows the plugin to use the uploads folder, but that did not help.

The host for theclydevenue.com is WordPress.com, and I don't know if that provides FTP access?

Maybe I need to use Snapshot instead, and restore a backup over on WPMU dev?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Coastal Data

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Wouldn’t you mind please, grant the support access on both sites ( source and target ) and we can take a closer look for you?

Support access guide on premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Let us knows when support is granted.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Coastal Data
    • Information Technologist

Hello, sorry, I dropped the ball! Currently on the destination site, here on WPMU, there’s an error with the plugins, I cannot get the WPMU dev dashboard to display, and the plugin won’t activate/deactivate/delete at all, so I’m going to have to go in through the file system and dashboard and fix it, so that’ll come online in a few…

I’ll activate it on the source site shortly.

–Jon

• Coastal Data
    • Information Technologist

Okay, so I cannot get ahold of the file system because when I try to create an ssh or sftp user, I first get “endpoint timed out” error message, and then if I try again, it acts like the user had been half created, and now there’s a conflict by saying ” Username already exists. Please select a different username.”

Please advise. I guess I can still hack the plugins via the database, I’ll give that a go.

Edit: Maybe I was impatient… First account has appeared now, so maybe it’s working.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Coastal Data

How are you today?

Thank you for support access, I was able to replicate using shipper plugin.

I believe it is due to wordpress.com be a multisite environment, each new site is a subsite instance on their environment.

I was able to export the plugins and theme from your site using regular snapshot Snapshot > Snapshot, then import manually using the sFTP into the new hosting.

I will bring this to shipper developers and hope we can improve this on plugin side.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.