Shipper returns "Detected AWS PHP SDK…" error

Shipper doesn’t migrate the site and returns the “Detected a problem with AWS PHP SDK! Either there is a conflicting version present, or we were not able to load our version”. Provided patch caused 500 error.

Please see chat notes for additional information.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Julius

Before pinging the SLS, I was taking a look on the site. I can see you don’t have shipper installed on the /dev site.

I found the plugin installed on the parent domain though. I have upload the attached file in the location: shipper/lib/shipper/helper/fs/class-remote.php

Please install the shipper plugin on /dev site and upload the same file I attached.

Then, you need to enable debug log on the parent domain (I have done for /dev site). To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now, run shipper again. That will may create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Or if you want us to install shipper on the main domain, let us know and we will do.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Leonard
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I encountered the same problem. Both multisites on the same serve, the checks before export hit all the green lights but failed. Then I tried to import from the other end which gave the above mentioned error.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Leonard

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Leonard

The issue might be similar but could happen for different reason. Would you please join our live chat so that our staff can do primary troubleshooting and if needed we will assign a SLS developer to check the issue. This will help us to provide better and organized support :slight_smile:

Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Rob
    • Recruiter

Here’s one cause for a quick fix…

I had the same AWS PHP SDK issue running Shipper the first time too. I did a text string search through a backup file and found that BackWPup plugin was the culprit. It was left installed but deactivated.

I suspect there may be other backup plugins with built-in functionality for Amazon services that might also interfere.

Rob

• Nithin
      • Support Wizard

Hi Rob,

This error usually occurs, when there is a plugin that also comes with an older version of AWS SDK hence causing a conflict. The shipper Pro is using latest SDK v3.

If there are any plugins that still use older AWS SDK versions, such conflicts are likely to happen. I’m afraid, the only fix is to update the AWS SDK version. Other than that, the workaround would be disabling the conflicting plugin temporarily, which should allow you to proceed with the migration via Shipper Pro.

Since the issue is more related due to legacy AWS SDK used, would recommend you to bring this into BackWPup plugins support, so they could make the relevant changes in their side too.

Kind Regards,s

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.