Shipping charge not working sometimes? What could be causing this?

Client emailed me last night saying an order had come through where a shipping charge had not been applied to this item:

http://www.sweetperversion.com/shop-some-cards-funny-gifts-store/products/bulk-greeting-cards-pick-5-2/

I went through a test purchase of the item, and the shipping charge showed up so of course I told her she was smoking crack. (clients you can joke with are the best.) She tested it on her end a couple of times, and the first time it worked fine, but the second time it didn't show up on the paypal end.

Is there anything going on with Marketpress that would be causing this? Seems like other orders are going through fine, just disappointing she had to pay outta pocket for the shipping on that order and we'd like to prevent that from happening again.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Steph Calvert

This type of behavior can occasionally happen if all fields are not correctly filled out in the shipping section.

Also, be sure a request mode is selected.

Finally, with USPS, be sure the zipcode is added in the "Location Settings" under the "General" tab. Otherwise the system sometimes doesn't know what to calculate :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Steph Calvert

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed this one is still open.

Just to get it out of our active ticket system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you still need assistance on this issue, please don't hesitate to re-open it by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you - installing the latest version of marketpress might have been the fix, but it might have also been onnnnnnne pesky checkbox I found that should've been checked and wasn't. Will double back with client and make sure she hasn't experienced the issue, thanks for the reminder!

steph

• Justin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I've had this problem for since the beginning of MarketPress and I already have the Base Zip code filled in the General Settings.

Sporadically it does not calculate shipping charges. My installation is up to date and it's been doing this for the past two years. Recently (in the last week) it's not calculated shipping charges on two orders and it leaves the shipping at $0.00

I'm sure I've brought this up before in the past but it's a continual issue and when searching I found this thread.

This appears to be a bug. I came from using Virtuemart in Joomla and while it was a dog of a software it never not charged shipping. We ship about 20 orders or so every month and there's nothing in common with the addresses or anything.

Please let's get this issue resolved. Thank's in advance and if anyone else is having the same issue, please post in this thread.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

@Justin Please don't spray the same question on multiple old threads. It confuses the thread and you don't get help any faster.

Please start a fresh thread if you're having a problem. Often the problems sound similar but were caused by different reasons. Let's keep them separate.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.