shipping costs when buying more products

Hi Staff,

If I buy 2 or more from the same products, shipping costs will still be for only 1 product.

Why is that? Can I change that?

Kind regards,
Pieter

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pieter,

Can you please clarify the scenario a bit regarding the purchase itself? i.e. you enter a shop and try to purchase and item then go to another shop and try to purchase another item or?

Are you using the global shopping cart? Or is this a chained payments store or?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am remote trying to figure out what I am working with and what the issue may be there and details are of the utmost importance.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pieter.thielen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Joe,

The subshop http://shuppr.com/saiholyuen/ has a flat rate setting for shippping costs.
    Try to buy one and try to buy 10 (go to paypal checkout and just don't put your paypal e-mail to actually pay). You'll see that both times the shipping costs are the same.

It is just an example, because this happens with all of the purchases I tried sofar.

For all of my shops I use global shopping cart. No chained payments.

Kind regards,
    Pieter

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pieter,

Thank you for the additional input and when I visited the site and checked out the cart even before shipping I noticed something strange which is the BTW and that did not add up with the total as shown in my screen shot below.

Any idea what that might be?

I stopped there just due to the fact that is was bizarre why the amounts did not add up.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pieter.thielen

Hi Joe,

No, I have no idea. I thought that had something to do with the BTW of the shipping costs...
    Can you help me with this also?
    And still help with the shipping costs (maybe these things have something to do with each other)?

Thanks,
    Pieter

• pieter.thielen

Hi Joe,

I've tried a subshop and set the BTW (VAT in English) settings to 'not included in BTW'.

A testproduct with price 0.10 € and shipping of 0.20 € gives a total of 0.30 €.
    That is correct (see screendump 1 product).

When I buy 2 products (should be 0.60 € if I'm right?) the system counts up to 0.39 (looks like: double the price of the product, not double the shipping costs, and some strange discount of 0.01 €) (see screendump 2 products).

Does this information help you to help me?

Kind regards,
    Pieter

• pieter.thielen

Hi Joe,

The add-up of the BTW to the total price is something that cannot be solved on short term by your developers. The solution for now is to set taxes to 0%.

For administration not a great solution, but for now the best there is. Hope your developers can tackle this problem soon together with the developers of the gateways.

Since we've kinda solved the tax add-up problem now, can you answer my original question about the shipping costs?

Thanks,
    Pieter

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pieter,

Thank you for all your input and feedback which has been helpful as well as informative.

can you answer my original question about the shipping costs?

Unfortunately I cannot and have no explanation why it is working this way.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hi there, this is exactly how flat rate module works. It's one flat rate, no matter how many of a product are in the cart.

Most people use flat rate in conjunction with extra per-product shipping. So You would set a base flat rate, say $5. Then on the products you would add like $.50 extra shipping per product. That way for each additional product it adds to the $5 flat rate.

If you need more power in your calculations, you can use one of the other shipping modules, like the table weight one. Then you enter the weight of each product, and the shipping tiers are based on the product weights.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chief,

Thank you for that and I obviously missed the boat on that one considering flat rate shipping.

Sorry to have bothered you about it and your explanation is totally logical.

I obviously had a dumb axx attack on that one ... lol

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.