Shipping costs when tax inclusive

Would it be possible to have either:

Shipping costs to have their own tax inclusive flag or for the store tax inclusive flag to apply to all prices, including shipping?

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey @nigelb135

Yes you can already set all prices including shipping to handle tax. Here is where you do it;

Products > Store Settings

Under the General Tab in the Tax Settings Box

Apply Tax To Shipping Fees? Yes
    Enter Prices Inclusive of Tax? Yes

Then save, that should fix it.

Cheers,
    Billy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nigelb135 and Billy,

@nigelb135 Billy is spot on with the answer, it is already a feature of the Market Press plugin and located where accurately described by Billy.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• nigelb135
    • Flash Drive

Hi Guys

Not quite. My point is that the inclusive prices flag you refer to only applies to product prices, not shipping charges. Even with that flag set, the shipping prices have to be entered before tax. What I am looking for is the ability to enter shipping costs on a gross, including tax basis.

Nigel

• Ollie

I've had a number of dramas trying to configure it the way you described (as we need to include Australian GST in our cart).

Our short term solution was to do the entire cart and make all prices inclusive of tax & customise the checkout page & terms to mention that all prices are inclusive.

After a fair bit of trial and error the best long term solution is to build a custom shipping gateway. Perhaps consider doing the same thing if the out of the box solution doesn't work how you need it?

There is an API for marketpress where you can create Custom Shipping Gateways.

Cheers
    Billy

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nigelb135 and Billy,

After considering the Billy's post immediately above this does sound like a feature request should be made to include some functionality to make this happen without such a song and dance of creating a custom gateway specifically:

Our short term solution was to do the entire cart and make all prices inclusive of tax & customise the checkout page & terms to mention that all prices are inclusive.

There has got to be an easier way for you folks to integrate this type of taxing structure.

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request - and I won't be surprised if our brilliant lead developer @Aaron has a way of managing this immediately that I am not aware of.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you both for being WPMU DEV Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

This sounds like a rehash of a previous thread about table rate shipping? If so see my previous response, table rate is based on pre-tax total.

First make sure to update the 2.8.2, I rewrote the whole tax inclusive code to stop rounding errors in the cart.

Next, if charge tax on shipping and tax inclusive pricing is on, then the shipping line item in the cart will be inclusive of tax.

• Ollie

Thanks for that info and I have read that post, however in my instance we decided that we need a shipping addon built because we also needed a pick-up option since 50% of our customers also pick up their orders...

I tried for hours to combine the 2 pickup/delivery and consider GST tax rules (10% & must be clearly written/visible), this was quite challenging to say the least....So the decision was made to look into paying for an addon, but if you guys are going to add these features to fix these marketpress problems then that would be even better....

As a result in my instance the reason why I can make it work at all is by assuming customers are picking up and offering delivery as a product which users have to add to cart if they want it delivered. This is unconventional to say the least but multiple shipping gateways is not an out of the box feature from what I have read..

This method causes that much addition staff admin time with enquiries who forgot to buy delivery product that we needed to make the decision to pay to get a custom addon to handle this built (haven't started it yet).

Mine is slightly different workaround soloution for the same problem however I'd still consider pickup/delivery as an essential feature.

Cheers
    Billy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.