shipping missing from shopping cart

Hi,
Been busy uploading products and testing my application. Found that shipping sometimes does not appear as a line item, even though I have it setup. Using the weight rate module to calculate shipping. Its important that shipping must be on the invoice and paid for before items can be shipped.

All my products have weight added. I have double checked this.

Took screenshots but no able to upload.

Thanks
Ed

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ed,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up to include the always helpful screen shots.

It appears in your screen shot that you do not have all the countries selected or perhaps the country you are shipping to?

Please check on this and advise.

Cheers, Joe

• edlategan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,
    I have South Africa selected and that is the only one at the moment, its not in the screenshot as I just wanted to show how I use the weight rate table.

Just tried again and shipping is missing again. Just did a few tests. After a few "remove items" from shopping cart, and add products again, the shipping seems to appear again.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @edlategan Not sure if this is the problem or not. I ran into this as well. It looks like your screen capture that you actually have it set up for 10 layers. Even though you are only using 4 if you don't have a weight and price set for all of the layers (each layer also must be higher than the previous one).

Personally what I'd do is set the number of levels to the actual number (in this case 4) and see if that solves your problem.

If this doesn't work tag me and I can look into it tomorrow for you. Thanks @Dean Kaus

• edlategan
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Dean Kaus - Thank you for your reply.

When I setup the products and tables, I had 4 layers and the dropdown was on 10 as I was busy updating when I took the screenshot.

I have all 10 weight rate layers populated and all using different prices for each layer. I have attached newer screenshot.

Here is what I found up to now.

1) Works sometimes in Firefox
    2) Does not seem to work in IE9 - or cannot get it to work
    3) Using 'not signed in' checkout - no need for my users to registed to use checkout.

Ed

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ed,

Thank you for the additional input, it is of course appreciated and helpful.

I have tested this thoroughly on my test production server http://marketpress.aecnuwpmu.us/

With the purchase of the fake Motherboard - it is the only one with weight, using South Africa as the country, and I cannot replicate this issue.

I tried with the Anti-Splog Cannon and the same thing - it worked flawlessly using the lowest weight and amount because I have the weight set at zero also using South Africa as the destination.

Are you running any type of caching?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• edlategan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I had a quick look at your test, and also not getting any shipping info displayed.

I notice you have South Africa as a destination, what happens if you set your currency to "R", South Africa Rand? I noticed its dollars on the checkout page. Did you change this back?

As for my project. I am using the twentyeleven theme, and check all my cache settings etc. Everything seems fine. On firefox the shipping is displayed 9 out of 10 times. On IE, I have not got it to display yet. Also checked firebug, no errors. I also re-copied the the marketpress plugin and reactivated.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see when browsing your test site (thanks for the setup).

Regards
    Edward

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@edlategan I think I may have found the problem.

It appears that you need to have a price in ALL of the fields in the shipping table even if your not shipping to the US, Canada etc...

I'll post some screen captures and alert @Aaron as well

This should solve your problem until @Aaron can get a fix for it.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron @aecnu and @edlategan
    It does appear that the problem appears when any of the shipping prices in the weight based table is Blank or 0. There has to be a positive value in all fields! Even if your not shipping to the US or Canada etc.

I've attached some screen captures to show this fact.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron I've just ran every conceivable test to figure out why this was not working and for weight based shipping over the last 6 months of my using MP the shipping ALWAYS appears in the cart before entering any customer or address information.

I believe that the only time it doesn't appear is when your using the USPS shipping calculator.

So over the last hour or so of my testing the only way I could get it to show shipping for South Africa ( I didn't have time to test any of the other countries) as long as all of the shipping table had a price greater than zero shipping appeared in the cart before entering any addresses as you can see by the screen captures.

Hope this helps!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Aaron I stand corrected. I just checked out (I didn't just make up an address before)
    However you don't have a chance to see your total until after you enter your payment information and only see it on the confirm order page.

I know personally If I was purchasing something online before I enter my name anywhere I want to see the total including tax and shipping. If i don't see that then I just look for another place to make a purchase. Reason I'm so careful about that is I ended up making an online purchase for a product that was $19.95 (the magic number) Shipping was going to be $30 so I cancelled my order. However they charged my credit card anyway. Took me over 4 months to get my money back.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

that makes sense if you had several countries set up.

But even at that the reason I always see shipping in the cart before anyone checks out is that I have all of the fields filled with a price for shipping.

Is it possible to add a statement when all of the shipping prices aren't filled out to say shipping charges will be added after filling out address. Or most sites i do business with have a shipping calculator.

At least this way the client wont see the total and then be surprised on the last page when another $15 or whatever the shipping charges are.

• edlategan
    • Flash Drive

@Aaron I agree. If you have only one country setup, why wait until the checkout confirmation page before you can see the shipping total? I think it will be more usable for the client to see the total before he checks out, so he is aware there is a shipping cost - or atleast somehow alert the user on the shopping cart page that shipping must still be calculated?

@Dean Kaus I am going to test your option and will get back to you all.

• edlategan
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron , @Dean Kaus , @aecnu

I have the shipping module working. I followed @Dean Kaus suggestion. Populated the in country and international fields in the weight rate table.

Another problem I noticed is that the totals are not rounding correctly.

2 Items are for example R705.60
    Shipping: R100 (no tax)
    Total: R805.60

However the total at the bottom of my shopping cart is R805.59.

I posted it here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/rounding-totals?replies=4#post-283029

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.