Shopping Cart missing in checkout with multisite installation of MarketPress w/ Gridmarket

I noticed a few posts on here about the items in the shopping cart going missing after going to the checkout, but none of the entries have been of any help. I am having the same problem and do not know how to resolve it.

I'm running a multisite installation that is utilizing subdomains, but has been installed within a subfolder on the site. I thought this might be a cookies issue, so I've been playing with the COOKIEPATH, SITECOOKIEPATH definitions in the wp_config to no avail.

What should I do now?

• Eric

Hello!

No I am not using domain mapping, as I am not familiar with it. I am using MarketPress network activated, and global cart is turned off - however the problem occurs all the sites tested.

I have since started a fresh install in an effort to keep working, and it seems to be working without fault, I would however like to determine the root of the issue being that I am likely to still utilize a lot of the same plugins with the new installation.

• Alexander

Hi @Eric,

Thanks for confirming. I'm not quite sure what's happening here. Something might be invalidating the cookie. Could you try disabling all your other plugins are seeing if that makes a difference? Then reactivate a few at at times and note if it breaks again. This will help narrow down if there's a plugin conflict.

Also, can you check the javascript console for errors? In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console" This might give some useful information. The cart uses AJAX, so it could be that somehow you're getting that add to cart animation, but it's not reaching the server to add one.

Best regards

• Eric

Hello again,

I disabled all plugins as a test, and found nothing. Although I'm certainly looking forward to learning more about javascript, I know close to nothing about the actual code at the moment; thus, I'm not sure what I'd be looking for in the developer console.

I'm inclined to think the conflict is probably due to a change made by one of the previously active plugins, but I'm not sure how to sniff it out.

• Alexander

Hi Eric,

If there was an error in the console, you'd know. Usually it's just blank if there are no problems. If there are any, you'll see them (probably in some nice bright red letters)

Do you still have access to the old site? If so you could start by deactivaing all plugins, then activating a few at a time and testing. Once a difference can be noted, you'll know you're close, then you can just activate/deactivate one at a time until you can pinpoint an exact plugin. It's a bit time consuming, but really the only way to effectively test for plugin conflicts.

Best regards,