Shopping Cart Page - Payment Form Page vs. PayPal Form Page conflict

I've just set up PayPal Express in my store settings and attempted to order a product and check out as a customer. I keep running into an error provide on the "order confirmation page" which reads "Whoops, looks like you skipped a step, please go back...". When I click the link to go back I am once again brought to a blank checkout page this page only has a button to continue checkout. I saw this page previously when going through the checkout process and thought nothing of it since the next page I was brought to was the PayPal page.

I did some searching in the store settings, and for kicks, under the messages tab, typed a message on each of the Shopping Cart pages so I could identify which page was the "missing link" to my checking out process - turns out it is the Payment Form Page.

What should be appearing on the Frame Market Payment Form Page for the customer to fill out?
Should my PayPal page somehow be linked to this Frame Market page in order to work properly?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi chriscoacc,

The checkout page in question should present the customer with shipping information fields. Could we maybe get a link to see how that's working?

You might also try using the Manual Payments gateway to see how that works, in case this is an issue with the PayPal setup.

Thanks,
    David

• chriscoacc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure you and I are referencing the same page.

step 1 - I look at my shopping cart & click "check out now"
    step 2 - I am brought to a checkout page which does ask for my shipping info & click continue checkout
    step 3 - I am brought to the "blank" checkout page. Based on the message I have programmed here in the store settings/messages - this is supposed to be the "Payment Form Page". IF I continue through this page as far as I can go (which is the confirmation page) - I get an error message BUT there is nothing on this page to complete.

Step 4 - I am brought to the PayPal site to complete my payment information.

here's the link: http://mt-draft-2.com/store/shopping-cart/checkout/

Hope this detail helps you help me :slight_smile:

• chriscoacc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

LOL - strangely, I just double checked my shipping information...turns out I had entered a 7 digit zip code in error, once I corrected that, I no longer get the error page!

Problem solved! I'll post a special message to customers should they run into the same issue -they need to return to the previous page and check their data entry.

Thanks!

• chriscoacc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

so now I've tried as you recommended, I have selected manual payment and Pay Pal Express as the 2 payment forms.

The page is no longer blank, it now has 2 icons and asks the customer to choose a payment method BUT, it does not keep the selection....I select Pay Pal, enter all my info on the Pay Pal site, then still when it brings me back to confirm the order, it gives the same error message, and brings me back to the page with the 2 payment options - neither shows as being previously selected.

• chriscoacc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

WPMU advertises that the MarketPress Grid Market will work with PayPal Express as a payment method.

This is critical to small business owners - strictly using a manual payment arrangement and foregoing PayPal is really not a secure option.

Please assist me and fellow member priyanka1011 in resolving this issue with the program.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys,

Hmm, could you both please try this with all other plugins deactivated, to be sure this isn't a plugin related conflict?

@chriscoacc, sorry for the delayed response, I thought with your initial mention about the zip code that this was sorted. We'll see what we can find about this though if you'll let us know how this goes with other plugins deactivated.

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ah, one other thing to check here, as GridMarket is a child theme. Could you both please check that the version of GridMarket you're using is the very latest version 1.4.8?

For that matter, could you also please verify you're using the latest version of MarketPress and WordPress as well?

Thanks,
    David

• chriscoacc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have updated WordPress (MarketPress was already current). Then tried again, same issue still.

My GridMarket is outdated version 1.4.2, I am such a basic user...please tell me how to update the child theme without loosing all of my existing formatting/layout for my store. The preview changed everything so I got scared and gave up for now.

Thanks again!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi chriscoacc,

To update a child theme you simply need to copy over the child theme from the theme zip folder and into your site's wp-content/themes/ folder.

It'd probably be best to delete the original child theme via FTP though. That'll ensure no older files remain to cause any potential issues.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.