Shopping Cart widget bug – items do not fit in the cart

Hey,

I'm installing the SimpleMarket theme to use with MarketPress and I enabled the shopping cart widget in the sidebar.

As you can see in the screenshot the shopping cart is quite ugly, that is, the items in the cart can't be completely seen because they don't fit into the cart.

How should I fix this?

Thank you

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hrobjartur,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

There are two possibilities for fixing this that I can see, a relatively hard one and a simple one.

The first would be to hard code an expansion of the table(s) for the products into the theme itself.

Note: permission changed files 444 read only so that during an update your changes will not be lost or overwritten by the update.

The second would be to flip through different themes until you found one that suits you with the product layout as you desire.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

• hrobjartur
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I kind of like the Simple Market theme.

Couldn’t I change the design so that only the first X number of letters are shown in the cart and then would be cut off with three dots (…:wink: or a word-wrap so that the longer word would split into two lines?

Regards

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It would be good if we could get a link to see @hrobjartur – nobody should be suggesting you try a different theme we will work with you to get that theme working. You already have one you like so lets focus on that. There is also no need to change permissions or do anything as complex – lets if need be get you using a child theme – nice and easy.

• liquidpixels

Hi all, MarketPress is giving me trouble too.

I choose an item, add to cart, then there is no "go to cart button"

1. I manually navigate to the cart, there is a css issue. There is no room for shipping details to be added (screenshot)

2. Then I hit "Continue to checkout" and there is nothing there (screenshot 2)

3. Then I get a paypal error (screenshot)

I need to ask, why is there no config instructions with these plugins?

I have had trouble with every plugin I have tried to use. (I am a newb though)

But still, Us newb need instructions.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Hi liquidpixels, lets see what we can do about getting you some support regarding that. This thread was actually relating to a theme which doesn’t look like you are using. So, let me reassign to MarketPress and get that looked at for you.

If you can where possible start a new thread next time for a new topic that would be great to ensure you get better support and the right person straight off onto your posts. Also helps us to make sure the users in this thread get their resolutions.

• Aaron
    • CTO

3. Then I get a paypal error (screenshot)

As Tammie said, completely unrelated issue to this thread so next time start a new one please so we don’t miss it.

The solution is simple though, you need to confugure your PayPal gateway in Settings->Payments with your API credentials.

• hrobjartur

Hello again, and sorry for a late response.

You can find the site, with the MarketPress installed here.

http://www.plebbinn.is/boutique

I also have one other question, is it possible to change the format of numbers?

In Icelandic, the . (dot) and , (comma) are reversed in currency writing so

5,500.50 (Fivethousand, fivehundred and fifty cents)

is written

5.500,50 in Icelandic.

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

@hrobjartur

Hello, I'm having the same exact problem with the Marketpress shopping cart widget in my sidebar that you were having. Can you please inform me as to how you were able to resolved your problem and make you cart look so clean?

Please see the attached screenshot to view how ugly my cart is displaying…lol

I'm looking in the Marketpress folder to see where I'd have to go to edit the shopping cart display settings, but I don't see it.

Please advice!

Thanks,

Jafar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.