Shopping Cart Widget messed up

I'm having an issue with the shopping cart widget. When I add a product I see some garbled up code inside the widget and the ad to cart button changes to out of stock (see attached screenshot).

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi mborin,

It looks like there's likely a javascript conflict there. Could we get a link to the site to have a look?

Alternatively you could try deactivating other plugins or switching to Twenty Eleven theme momentarily to find where there may be a conflict.

Cheers,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

What are you using that is connecting to Facebook? Can we try disabling that momentarily? There's a conflict there, but not sure if that will totally sort it. Please give it a shot and let us know. In fact, temporarily disabling all other plugins would be a good check for this as well.

Thanks!

• mborin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

FYI, this only happens in Chrome browser (as in the previously attached screenshot). In IE after adding the product the page refreshes and gets stuck on a blank page. In Firefox after adding the product the shopping cart widget displays the contents too far to the right so all you see is just a few pixels. I disabled the FB plugin but nothing changed.

• mborin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I did disable the FB Connect plugin and that did speed up my site when I was in wp-admin but did nothing for the main problem. I am using a different fb plugin now that does not have any conflicts. But the widget is still messed up.

• pro120
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I get a blank page on chrome when trying to add an item to my cart. The JS spits this error.

Uncaught TypeError: const 'AVGLS_INVALID' has already been declared in searchengine.js

I have avg free installed on this machine and the error is actually originating from a chrome extension js file. Not sure whats going on. Looks like something is happening with AVG Free link scanner.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

@mborin, I'm getting a really weird javascript error on your site now. I'm wondering if there's an issue with the included version of jQuery in WordPress there. It might be worthwhile to re-install the core WordPress files and see if that sorts it.

@pro120, that's very odd, but I don't believe MarketPress is involved there. we don't have a AVGLS_INVALID constant or searchengine.js included.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.