Short code content protection goes nuts

As an alternative to protecting content per level that I was trying previously (see this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-get-summary-to-show-levels-more-tag-not-working-together ), I tried instead to do a short post.

While the short post code certainly works in hiding the content that it was wrapped around – the result is TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Have a look at the screenshot attached here…. The message is repeated numerous times – both in the space where I put the short code; as well as again and again at the top of the post (why, I have no idea????)

And to make things even worse, the pictures just don't show.

This is really just getting to be annoying as the whole reason why I am using WPMUdev is to get different levels with teasers for posts that get people to buy up a level. If I can't show teasers – or if I get garbage like this, I don't have a product!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

First thing to do is obviously rule out any other plugin or your theme as the cause. So disable all other plugins, revert to the standard theme and see if you get the issue still.

If not, find the offending plugin/theme and we can investigate from there.

What I’ll also say is that if you just want to provide a teaser (i.e. an excerpt) at the top of the post and then protect the rest, look into using the More tag instead of shortcodes.

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.