short code does not work

Hello experts,

I followed the use instructions to setup the membership pro, however when I tried to put in short codes in the newly created pages, it displays the short code itself instead of protect the content.

FYI that I’ve already disabled the visual editor.

The short code I use is

[Free]

[/Free]

Any chance you know why?

thank you very much

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

First off, have you ensured that all the relevant levels and subscriptions are active and public where applicable and that the Membership system itself is enabled? Also, have you assigned an appropriate gateway and are you looking at the site using a user account assigned to one of your levels?

Thanks,

Phil

• bigrice
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you Phil.

Done –

– all the relevant levels and subscriptions are active and public where applicable

– the Membership system itself is enabled

– have you assigned an appropriate gateway

Not done.

– and are you looking at the site using a user account assigned to one of your levels?

I log in as a free membership user, but this time the free short code hid everything in the free tags including the supposedly free content.

Any idea why?

Also I assigned the free membership to the free level. Is there any way I can assign different users to the appropriate level in bulk?

thank you very much

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.