Shortcode argument syntax examples

I'm getting really frustrated with the shortcodes in this plugin. I've noticed other people have asked similar questions, but no one on the support end is actually giving the answer everyone seems to need: please provide examples of proper syntax for ALL arguments available for ALL shortcodes in this plugin. Every person asks about a different one, and it would be nice if there were just a list of all of them please. I don't seem to have "tooltips" that pop up or whatever in my shortcode listing. In my case, I'm asking about [the eab_single] shortcode and the template argument. This: "template - (string) Subtemplate file, or template class call" does not help me in the least. I have no idea what this represents in "argument" language. Will you please provide an example? And could you please provide examples for all arguments for all shortcodes? I'm sure otherwise, more people (including myself) will be asking again and again. Thank you!!

• skompette

okay, thanks. but this is not sufficient. I don't know how the template file should be coded or what it should include - nothing. I am not a hardcore PHP coder. I don't know what the plugin will be looking for in that template file in order for it to work. Can you provide a sample template file that works with this plugin for this particular shortcode? Also, assuming I were able to successfully create a template file that will work, where should it go in my themes folder? At the root of the Themes folder? Or somewhere in the group of folders associated with my active theme?

I'm not sure how we as customers are supposed to know all this at the point of purchase.

And these questions are just for one argument of one shortcode. Hence, the request for documentation detailing all the requirements for all the arguments of all the shortcodes. I don't think this is too much to ask, when the shortcodes are considered a highly desirable feature of the plugin. If we can't work them, they aren't worth anything.

• ghc

hi @skompette

I put this (extremely basic) template together from the following sources:

(plugin folder)
    /default-templates/shortcode-archive-default.php
    /lib/class_eab_template.php, function get_archive_content()

put in your wordpress theme folder named newtemplate_file.php

<section class="eab-events-archive <?php esc_attr_e($args['class']); ?>">
    <?php foreach ($events as $event) { ?>
        <article class="eab-event <?php echo eab_call_template('get_status_class', $event); ?>" id="eab-event-<?php echo $event->get_id(); ?>">
            <h4><?php echo $event->get_title(); ?></h4>
            <div class="eab-event-body">
                <?php //echo eab_call_template('get_archive_content', $event); ?>
    // here's where I paste in code from get_archive_content
                <?php
    				$start_day = date_i18n('m', $event->get_start_timestamp());

$new_content  = '';

$new_content .= '<div class="event ' . self::get_status_class($event) . '">';
    				$new_content .= '<a href="' . get_permalink($event->get_id()) . '" class="wpmudevevents-viewevent">' .
    					__('View event', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN) .
    				'</a>';
    				$new_content .= apply_filters('eab-template-archive_after_view_link', '', $event);
    				$new_content .= '<div style="clear: both;"></div>';
    				$new_content .= '<hr />';
    				$new_content .= self::get_event_details($event);
    				$new_content .= self::get_rsvp_form($event);
    				$new_content .= '</div>';
    				$new_content .= '<div style="clear:both"></div>';

echo $new_content;
    				?>
            </div>
        </article>
    <?php } ?>
    </section>