shortcode countdown next event not working

the given shortcode of the countdown next event worked until the related event finished today. When the old event disappeared in the calendar I copied the shortcode to the next event. But countdown does not display again. Any idea?

Thanks

Access to the site is granted

• Dharmendra

Hello Ruediger,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

If you wish to have a countdown for each instance of events, use the event_countdown shortcode instead for each instance, and specify the ID of each instance of the event in the shortcodes.

[event_countdown id="1" event_id="1"]

To get the ID for each instance, click the "Edit Instances" link in the sidebar of the event editor. Then, while hovering your mouse pointer over each instance, you will see the numerical ID in the URL displayed at the bottom-left of your browser.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Have a great day!

• Dharmendra

Hello Ruediger,

Hope you're well today, I am glad it worked :slight_smile:

Could you please try adding the class="countdown-class" attribute to the short-code to apply the CSS?

So it looks like:

[event_countdown id="1" event_id="1" class="countdown-class" ]

You can add below mentioned CSS code to your theme's style.css file to display digits and letters in color white.

.countdown-class{ color:white}

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Thank you for being a WPMUDEV Member!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.