Shortcode disappear

Have you ever had the issue where shortcodes just disappear? I just incorporated SSL on my site yesterday and now my [registrationform] and [accountform] shortcodes have disappeared. Can you please help me?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dparrish,

Thanks for creating a new thread on this, I'll tag the developer on it as I don't really know how SSL would affect things in this case.

Just to check on something though, does everything else on your site, like Access Levels and perhaps shortcode rules, work properly?

-David

• dparrish
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes shortcodes work properly when set up, like we discussed the other day. My boss noticed that this morning when he went to test registration that the shortcodes no longer appeared for the [accountform] and [registrationform]. I haven't been doing any development on the site to impact shortcodes not appearing. The only thing that we have done recently is add SSL. After that the shortcodes for membership vanished.

I originally thought that maybe I didn't have shortcodes set up properly in the access levels. To test, since we have free and basic packages, I allowed for all shortcodes to be a positive rule and checked them all. That had now impact on making the codes viewable. I made sure in options as well to try both yes and no for making shortcodes viewable by default. Both did not allow the shortcodes to appear.

Does that help a little more?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Are the shortcodes actually disappearing from the content? i.e. if you create a page, add the shortcode, save it and then open the page for editing again - the shortcode has disappeared?

Or, is it just the content that should be created by the plugin for the shortcode not showing up? and the shortcode is in fact not disappearing from the post content?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

• Des Donnelly
    • New Recruit

Hi
    I am having a similar issue, I am running totally plain portal theme in WHMCS, when I add a shortcode I get an SSL error..

"WHMCS Integration: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed"

The page is here..
    https://www.rexco.com/domain-reg/

When I hardcode a page it works fine, the page is here;-
    https://www.rexco.com/domain-reg-vanilla/

Any suggestion would be very welcome

Regards
    Des

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.