shortcode events limit to one

Hi there,

I have two questions about the events shortcode:

1. Is there a shortcode for showing only the first upcoming facebook event? I tried limit="1" , but that does not seem to work.

2. Somewhere else on my page I'd like to have the first upcoming event on top of the list. How can I reverse the order of events shown?

Thank's in adavance for your help!

Appie

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1. All of the args for the shortcode are here:

Events shortcode

Tag: [wdfb_events]

Attributes:

for - required. Valid Facebook ID (e.g. 100002370116390)
    starting_from - optional. Limits shown events to ones after the specified date. Accepted value is a date in YYYY-MM-DD format. (e.g. 2011-06-15)
    only_future - optional. Limits shown events to ones that start in the future. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to false.
    show_image - optional. Shows the image associated with event. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to true.
    show_location - optional. Shows event location. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to true.
    show_start_date - optional. Shows when the event starts. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to true.
    show_end_date - optional. Shows when the event ends. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to true.
    order - optional. Ordering direction for your events, according to their start time. Accepted values are ASC and DESC.

There is no option to limit that to just one.

2. You could show the upcoming events with:

only_future - optional. Limits shown events to ones that start in the future. Accepted values are true and false. Defaults to false.

And then set the order with:

order - optional. Ordering direction for your events, according to their start time. Accepted values are ASC and DESC.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.