Shortcode for uploads

Hi,
I need to be able to create the ability for paid members(authors of books) to upload their ebooks to the site and for those ebooks to automatically be listed on a set destination page afterwards.

Is that possible with the membership plugin? i believe so and that it is a matter of code.

let me know,

thanks so much!
Joe Young

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Well, I am not sure if there is a revenue model involved not. If so you may want to try setting up your own system using http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/

I've not done it but I think with a bit of time you could set everything up. It allows for tremendous flexibility for collecting the file etc. What I don't know is how you would turn this into a sales opportunity. I am unaware of a commission option for Marketpress but if there is, that would be perfect.

Of course, working all of this into Membership. Forgot to mention that.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

The Membership plugin doesn't quite accomplish what you're looking for.

The Membership plugin is more designed to allow users gain access to restricted content. It doesn't handle uploads or page creation like what you are describing.

If you were determined enough, you could accomplish this with the Membership plugin, but it would require a good chunk of custom coding.

I believe our MarketPress plugin may be better for what you're looking for.

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK, Brian, I was the first on the WPMU Marketpress bandwagon with real world solution, you have a couple thousand points... I think I deserve a few right (maybe 400? :wink: ? ) Kidding. I am really digging into Marketpress now and I think there is a solution but I am pretty sure it will take a secondary plugin as well.

• joseph_j_young
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ido and Brian,
    Thanks so much for digging into this for me. I have no problem learning something new. I had a few people quote us on creating an upload plugin $200-600 for just entering basic info along with the ability to upload pdf's.

The membership plugin offered a lot more options for handling the membership issue. I will look further into Marketpress today. Idomagic if you come across the secondary plugin let me know.

again,
    thanks so much!
    Joe Young

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.