Shortcode from Checkout Page in MarketPress

Hi,

In the confirmation message using Manual Payment gateway, I want to use this shortcode: CUSTOMERNAME

I do not need Shipping info.

But in the Checkout Page,
there are only Two fields:
- Email*
- Special Instruction

To use the shortcodes in email followup, I need four fields:
- First Name*
- Email*
- Phone
- Special Instruction

How can I edit the Checkout Information page?

Regards,

Vi

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Vi

I hope you're well today!

If those are the only fields showing at checkout, I presume it's because you are selling downloadable products, is that correct?

If so, you can select to display of the shipping form anyway by checking the Collect Address on Downloadable Only Cart? field under Products > Store Settings > General > Tax Settings.

Would that work for you?

• Victor Rak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, @Patrick

That alone can not help. I need to select a shipping method at Shipping > General Settings > Select Shipping Method. If "No Shipping" is selected, the form will not show up at Checkout page.

Now that the customer info form shows at Checkout Information page, but the info fields there are too many.

I sell digital products to local community. So phone numbers are needed for offline support.

How can I edit the Checkout page to fave only four fields?
    - First Name*
    - Email*
    - Phone
    - Special Instruction

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Vi

I hope you are well today.

You need to edit the plugin code to do so. I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread if there is any easy workaround. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hello @Vi,

I hope you are well today.

As Ash said, we will need to modify the plugin code, so each time you update the plugin, you will need to copy the changes back (not much).

First, please replace the file /marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/manual-payments.php with the attachment. (This is the task you need to re-do after every update)

And then, because you don't need the shipping, so to remove the shipping table in the confirm-checkout step, please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_filter('_mp_cart_shipping','hide_shipping_info');
    function hide_shipping_info(){
        return '';
    }

Please give it a shot and let see it work for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Victor Rak
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Hoang, Patrick and Ashok!

Here are the results:

(1) The alternative manual-payment.php really helps.

(2) The added code in functions.php does not help. It hides the shipping table but it does not show the continue button. So I can not click next for the checkout. SOLUTION: I removed the code.

In conclusion, the manual-payment.php is wonderful.

SOLVED!

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Vi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.