Shortcode Integration to display upcoming events list

Hello. I've done some searching and was not able to find my answer pertaining to displaying data from Events+ using the shortcodes.

I looked at the shortcode list and I'm trying to display a running list, possibly separated by month with maybe featured image, and some other data displayed.

[eab_archive category="31"]

That is what I had tried except I used slug instead of category id.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Ash

Hello @David

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This shortcode will show events from current month only. Do you want to show all events from that category? Or do you want show upcoming events for this month, or all upcoming events?

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @David

To show all upcoming events, you need to add some code as well. Please use the following code:

add_filter( 'eab-collection-upcoming-start_timestamp', '__all_events_start' );
    add_filter( 'eab-collection-upcoming-end_timestamp', '__all_events_end' );

function __all_events_start() {
        return date('Y-m-d') . ' 00:01';
    }

function __all_events_end() {
        return date('Y', PHP_INT_MAX) . '-01-01 23:59';
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Then use the following shortcode:

[eab_archive category="EVENT CATEGORY ID"]

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• David

Thank you Ash. I will be attempting to incorporate tonight. Are there any templates that users or administration has added that I could look at? The default "look" isn't quite what I'm looking for. Would like to make it look a little cleaner and organized. For example, I enjoy the look of The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. I enjoy the functionality of the default layout, although the plugin is severely limited unless buying the premium version. I try and use the plugins offered here by WPDEV as they seem to be very well supported.

Thanks again!

• Ash

Hello @David

I hope you are well today.

You can use a built in template that comes with this plugin if you like it. To enable, please go to Events > Settings > Appearance Settings > Check the box for "Override default appearance? " and select different template for single and archive.

If you want a new layout then you will need to create custom page template for custom post type.
    Here is custom post type for event is incsub_event.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Type_Templates

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.