Shortcode tab??? Where did it go?

Hello,
If I am not mistaken there used to be a tab on the setting section of the Appointments+ called shortcodes. I think it had the documentation of how to use the shortcodes. Did you remove it or am I just not seeing it.

Where can I find the documentation on the shortcodes. Since the new update we have some things not working and I wanted to read if you made any changes.

Thanks

• James Morris

Hello Karl Bischoff,

I hope you are well today.

There were some changes in Appointments+ regarding shortcodes and now you can add them directly from page edit screen by clicking on Shortcodes dropdown:

When you select a shortcode from the menu, you will be presented with a modal that gives you all the options for each shortcode. When you hover over each option, there is a description of what it does.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Karl Bischoff

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to clarify your change log for the last group of updates since 2.0. In 2.0 I am guessing that you changed the functionality of your shortcodes. Anyone using shortcodes before 2.0update was left to the possibility of the shortcode functions we were using might no longer work or work correctly. The dropdown in the modal doesn't have all the shortcodes that were previously available. And our pages are not working as they used to work hence you updated and/or remove functionality without providing a heads up to your users that have been around for a while.

Second, did you make changes to the database? We created a couple of new entries since the 2.0 update and now the fields when regressing to the 1.9 version of the plugin are pulling the wrong information.

Summary of questions...

Did you change the functionality of your shortcodes with the update of 2.0 and is "legacy" shortcode functionality still available?

Did you make updates to how the plugin stores information in the database and if we revert to 1.9 will it store information correctly so our old shortcodes still work?

Last, Is there documentation? I see a bunch of videos but no manual.

Thanks,

• James Morris

Hello Karl Bischoff,

I sincerely apologize for the delay here.

There was a bug report posted today where, when you use require_provider="1" in your app_monthly_schedule shortcode, the shortcode does not function correctly. Our Devs are aware of this and are working on a solution. Could you please try removing require_provider="1" and see if the shortcode will work for you?

To answer your questions...

Did you change the functionality of your shortcodes with the update of 2.0 and is "legacy" shortcode functionality still available?

The shortcodes should still work as before, with the exception of the aforementioned bug. There's no legacy shortcodes. They were just moved into the modal for easier implementation.

Second, did you make changes to the database? We created a couple of new entries since the 2.0 update and now the fields when regressing to the 1.9 version of the plugin are pulling the wrong information.

Could you please let us know what data you are referring to?

I suspect the bulk of the issues you are experiencing are related to the bug previously mentioned and are a byproduct of downgrading improperly.

As a general rule of thumb, when upgrading major versions, you should always make a full backup prior to updating because major version always introduce bigger changes. That way, if you do have to fall back to a previous version, there's no risk of schema compatibility issues.

However, if you can provide a bit more information, we'll be happy to dig into this issue further for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.